MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
they haqve asked the wrong wuestiong

the right queston is

shouls the taxpayers money go to saving the jobs and hardhip of thousands of people by supporting MG-Rover?

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I'm not so sure I agree. I mean if I could be sure that this would be the last cash injection needed and from now on the company would be a profitable successful venture then yes, but really, in my heart, I know it would just prolong the death throes. And I don't want to feel like this again. I felt angry when BMW bought Rover, jubilant when Phoenix claimed it back, but Today I am just deflated.

Edit: I still voted Yes though. bloody topsy turvy mind this evening.

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
If it will 'save' the company yes of course! If it means it will just hang on for a few more months then go down anyway, publically, again, then no.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Londonbabe said:
I'm not so sure I agree. I mean if I could be sure that this would be the last cash injection needed and from now on the company would be a profitable successful venture then yes, but really, in my heart, I know it would just prolong the death throes. And I don't want to feel like this again. I felt angry when BMW bought Rover, jubilant when Phoenix claimed it back, but Today I am just deflated.

My feelings exactly. I would say yes to government part nationalising MGR if I thought that they would streamline the company, spend money in the right areas, and genuinely turn the things round. But do governemtns relly know any more than the P4 about how to run a car company? Or would we be in for years more of crap?

·
Registered
mg_zs
544 Posts
Unfortunatly this poll (our votes excepted) shows that unless its football, this country really doesn't have a shard of patriotism.

Sherwood.

·
Registered
rover_45
57 Posts
Londonbabe said:

I feel exactly the same dont have any interest in cars anymore

1 - 20 of 29 Posts