MG-Rover.org Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reading between the lines, the talk is off paying off surppliers and re-training the work force. China might buy the tooling, might import cars. The BIG question is WHO OWNs the Badge?

MGR
BMW
PVH

I suspect that your find that hidden in the paper work is that IF MGR goes belly up than BMW gets it back. If so expect a range of cars based on a lenghtened Mini 2 Platform.....and possably a 1 Series car.

Very sorry, but i have been pointing ALL of this out to you for the last 4 years!
Mega

·
Registered
rover_45
11,619 Posts
Mega if Gordon Brown knows that I would be very surprised. That means he has read the books quicker then some administrators. Yet the 1st line in the post means yet more hear say from you and not fact.

·
Registered
21,131 Posts
And you've been wrong each and every time Mike, as I'm sure you'll be on this occasion too :)

Incidentally, are your sources within Longbridge saying anything at the moment?

John

·
Registered
rover_800
3,497 Posts
Mega said:
Reading between the lines, the talk is off paying off surppliers and re-training the work force. China might buy the tooling, might import cars. The BIG question is WHO OWNs the Badge?

MGR
BMW
PVH

I suspect that your find that hidden in the paper work is that IF MGR goes belly up than BMW gets it back. If so expect a range of cars based on a lenghtened Mini 2 Platform.....and possably a 1 Series car.

Very sorry, but i have been pointing ALL of this out to you for the last 4 years!
Mega

Go away! We are not interested in "the World according to Mega!" You have about as much clue as to what will eventually happen as most of us, and that is little or no clue! We don't need you to divine stuff via tea leaves and reading between the lines. Btw Shake your Crystal ball, I think it has stopped.

·
Registered
21,131 Posts
That's what I thought Maj... perhaps though she's too tied up at the moment, serving tea to all those journos in the Visitors Centre ;)

John

·
Banned
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh Dear....I don't want to upset you guys...i come to repect you over the last few years. I don't want to darken the already VERY dark picture for anybody who works at MGR because again the Work force has proved itself to be Good.

But Lets just face the facts here:-
For the last few years i asked the hard questions:-

Where is the new Metal?
Where is the World wide dealership net work you need?
Where is the Billions of investment?

Not one of you has EVER give or been able to give me a honest senseable answer, not one, not once.

I work in engineering, indeed i do work for Jag (Halewood) and Red Bull Racing. I know something of the vast engineering skills required and time scale required to bring a moden car to market.

Honda, for example have more than 22,000 people working in R+D alone. Its not just the design of the car, but how you make them. Toyota can make a fault free car quicker than Merc spend trying to put right the faults on their cars as the come off the line.

Also rember that this is the information age, build a Lemon and EVERONE knows VERY quickly. So you can't, just can't make a mistake!

Than their the time scale, you need 2-4 years, in that time i expect to see the new cars being tested. I been watching for example MINI2 for about 14 months now.

I have SEEN NO site of any MGR "Next Gen" cars. I seen an Hard Top MGF which was built by Mayflower and a Strange 2 door 75 that is trying to be a Merc and No body will want.

I am Honest when i say i am sorry, i been sacked few times, i watch the Steel plants go, the Shipyards go and the Mines close.

Please somebody just tell me HOW MGR will keep going? I mean more than the holding patten that Blair&Brown have them in till after the Election?
Mega

·
Registered
other_rover
8,737 Posts
Please can we close this thread it does nothing but add negativity and gloom. Mega some of us hold out hope that something good can still come out of all this. Why tempt fate?

Mega, for all I know you could be right. But what good does it really do to come on here and gloat? Why do you want to rub it in? Why can't you just look for some positives? Think of how upset some people on here are!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.