MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope the weathers nice tomorrow, Ive just spent Thursday evening, Friday evening and all of today cleaning, polishing and fettling the MG!

Any other stories of dedication beyond reason out there??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,307 Posts
I'm praying for sunshine too ~ gotta pick up a TF bumper from birmingham and the only way its going in my F is with the hood down :lol:
Whats the forecast??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
399 Posts
shaun w said:
Hope the weathers nice tomorrow, Ive just spent Thursday evening, Friday evening and all of today cleaning, polishing and fettling the MG!

Any other stories of dedication beyond reason out there??
Yes indeed! I just spent 15 minutes getting most of the brake dust off my alloys. Given that this is 15 minutes that could have been more productively deployed actually driving my wonderful beast, this is sacrifice indeed! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Womble said:
Yes indeed! I just spent 15 minutes getting most of the brake dust off my alloys. Given that this is 15 minutes that could have been more productively deployed actually driving my wonderful beast, this is sacrifice indeed! :D
The answer to that is just don't brake!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
297 Posts
weather forcast 4 brum is rain followed by a bit more rain as per norm on bank holiday weekends. on the pluss side it is sunny at the moment
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,168 Posts
Dr Dave said:
The weather will be fine and sunny tommorrow, MikeM has ordered it on Kens request :)

I ordered it myself Mike lives above Watford gap and does not have a line to him upstairs like I do. I you see live in Gods county of Hampshire and its going to be

SUNNY
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,456 Posts
Ken75 said:
I ordered it myself Mike lives above Watford gap and does not have a line to him upstairs like I do. I you see live in Gods county of Hampshire and its going to be

SUNNY
Well that told him :rotflmao:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35,551 Posts
My dedication was ringing round EVERY ex MG Rover dealer in the country trying to locate a bumper for my ZT. I succeeded, and I will be able to attend tomorrow.

I've just got in after polishing the rear doors of my Zed. The front half of the car has just been painted, so should be ok - besides the paint will still be pretty soft.

The rear bumper, roof, boot and rear quarters will be done at 5am tomorrow. Dedicated or what!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
358 Posts
Ian,

Good to hear you can make it.

I spent the afternoon with the sponge, hoover, and Autoglym dodging the showers. Two year old daughter helping & supervising (hindering!). Finished the polishing at 20:00 this evening. NNG is as good as its going to be.

All we need now is the sun dance to give us the weather.

Drive safely y'all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
IanRobertson said:
My dedication was ringing round EVERY ex MG Rover dealer in the country trying to locate a bumper for my ZT. I succeeded, and I will be able to attend tomorrow.

I've just got in after polishing the rear doors of my Zed. The front half of the car has just been painted, so should be ok - besides the paint will still be pretty soft.

The rear bumper, roof, boot and rear quarters will be done at 5am tomorrow. Dedicated or what!
That sure is dedication, and there was me thinking i'd had it tough the last couple of days!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
251 Posts
Took my Dark Angel to a hand car wash & it looked good - until I tried to polish it!!! Looks bloody awful now! Ken75 says its down to humidity. The result is that the polish has caused hazing and blooming - on a black car it is not good.
Went to Halfords & bought some Turtle Wax Express Shine to see if I can recover its looks tomorrow!
One thing, though - close inspection whilst polishing has highlighted a recent ding from a cursed shopping trolly and a few stone chips. Why do they use a white undercoat on a black car? Sticks out a mile!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,472 Posts
Mines staying dirty, I washed it yesterday and it is now all filthy again after todays showers, no point wasting any more hours washing it gain and polishing it with two hundred miles between here and Beaulieu, anything could happen!

Any car washes down there or have they all closed due to drought?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
399 Posts
shaun w said:
The answer to that is just don't brake!!!!!
Did the shops and back this evening using nothing but the engine to slow me down to 5mph before touching the brakes. Alloys still spotless, but it did make for some interesting driving!

Unfortunately, whilst I will certainly be looking out for and respecting the priority of the cute little Thelwell escapees that are the New Forest ponies once I reach the boundaries of the forest, it would just be too cruel on my poor little V8 to drive it that sedately the whole way there!

I shall revert to plan 'B'... "Yes, that's right, not many people ever knew you could get these alloys in X-Power grey!"

See you there! :D
 

·
Registered
rover_75
Joined
·
2,596 Posts
Sadly I won't be going. The local bird population keep using my 75 as a toilet, I've not had the windscreen done yet, it's been raining here all week and we've got a teenager who doesn't want to go :(

Oh well, maybe next time...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,456 Posts
Lord Minty said:
Sadly I won't be going. The local bird population keep using my 75 as a toilet, I've not had the windscreen done yet, it's been raining here all week and we've got a teenager who doesn't want to go :(

Oh well, maybe next time...
It's going to be dry tomorrow, how bad is the windscreen? Sod the teenager leave it at home. Never give in.

Regards

MM
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,456 Posts
IanRobertson said:
My dedication was ringing round EVERY ex MG Rover dealer in the country trying to locate a bumper for my ZT. I succeeded, and I will be able to attend tomorrow.

I've just got in after polishing the rear doors of my Zed. The front half of the car has just been painted, so should be ok - besides the paint will still be pretty soft.

The rear bumper, roof, boot and rear quarters will be done at 5am tomorrow. Dedicated or what!
Well done Ian

I spent this afternoon leathering mine off in the piddling rain, thoroughly soaked through and extremely satisfied, the sun came out at about 7.00pm and gave me a chance to whack some polish on. Looks a treat now.

See you tomorrow, drive safe.

MM
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top