MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I have bought MG ZS a month ago and faced with next issue:
Engine 1,5 CVT

When the engine is started and the car is at a standstill, strong idle drawdowns periodically begin, up to 300-400 rpm, this only happens on a fully warmed up engine. There are no errors on the dashboard. Sometimes this is not, but almost always this happens after turning on electrical appliances (air conditioning / heating glass and mirrors). If you disconnect the battery and connect it back, then for a while the problem disappears but then comes back again. I understand that I need to contact the dealer, but unfortunately at the moment, I can’t do this because I’m in Ukraine and the dealers don’t work. Perhaps some of you have encountered a similar problem and could give advice on what it could be and how to fix it.

I apologize in advance for possible mistakes in English

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi everyone, I have bought MG ZS a month ago and faced with next issue:
Engine 1,5 CVT

When the engine is started and the car is at a standstill, strong idle drawdowns periodically begin, up to 300-400 rpm, this only happens on a fully warmed up engine. There are no errors on the dashboard. Sometimes this is not, but almost always this happens after turning on electrical appliances (air conditioning / heating glass and mirrors). If you disconnect the battery and connect it back, then for a while the problem disappears but then comes back again. I understand that I need to contact the dealer, but unfortunately at the moment, I can’t do this because I’m in Ukraine and the dealers don’t work. Perhaps some of you have encountered a similar problem and could give advice on what it could be and how to fix it.

I apologize in advance for possible mistakes in English
My 1.5 was the same if i selected the air con the revs would drop for a few seconds my dealer remapped the ecu and it was better my 1.0 automatic doesn't suffer from these problems so it seems its a problem on the 1.5 model good luck to you and everyone in the Ukraine during these difficult times

1 - 2 of 2 Posts