MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
I initailly thought it was fake, but when I read it was damage repaired I wondered if it was a real one that has been resprayed in another non-trophy colour.

The interior trim looks painted rather then matt plastic as found in non-Se models so perhaps they painted over the original colour coded trim too.

The odd bit is the missing front spoiler.

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
Thats cus I deleted it when I had noticed clues that it may be real after all.
Must admit when I first seen the advert I was with you Steve, but looking again.... the interior is right for an Anthracite Trophy, it looks the right ride height, it got AP's and the rear Trophy Spolier etc, and it does say it's a damaged repaired..

Ok all the above could be retro-fittted but it could also have been a Coal Trophy that was front ended and just had another 'F' bumper stuck on and repainted in the wedgewood style blue?.

·
Registered
42,093 Posts
Anything in particular about it mate?
not keen on colour (but thats just on a personal level)

its integrity about being a trophy is very doubtful

i am very wary of mgf's which have covered so little miles over years

Its been in an accident, god knows how well it has been fixed

the hassle of having to get back onto UK plates

Only just passed an MOT, probably got it scraped through to get it sold

all the bits and bobs which dont work as they should

do i go on?

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If we don't have a conclusive answer by tomorrow I'll HPI it at work and find out if it's been resprayed :lol:
Thanks James. We have asked for the VIN as well. I am really interested in it but can't afford a bidding war with any of you guys so let me know please and I will let you know when I bow out of the auction?

·
Registered
977 Posts
I (DaveD and I) will be bidding on this.

Anyone else intend to?

I only ask cause we could save a crazy bidding war that will end up with either us or someone else from the forum paying alot more than they need to.

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
It's the interior that worries me most. If it's damaged/repaired why change the interior? The gearknob is wrong too.

Wouldn't be the first car to have an assumed identity. (All without prejudice of course).

Lancsman

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.