MG-Rover.org Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
the Roush 385 engines were likely from Will Riley

SVR engines, of which he had about 5 or so. now all sold and he has in fact passed away, with most MG SV bits also sold off.

a sorry end really.

·
Registered
33 Posts
And mine :) £2400 for the Roush Supercharger bits off a new MG SV-S Engine In Nov 2010. £1300 for the fitting and Map by Jamie from from Jamsport Racing Northampton in Feb 2011. So £3.700 for one of only 6 (approx) Roush Supercharged ZT`S. I bought the car as standard Mk2 ZT260 SE in Jan 2009 with 6400 miles on it for £8.400
If I take into account all the bits of body kit, X-Power exhausts and other odds and ends you could add another £900 to the total cost giving a grand total of £13.000.
Am I mad? More than likely. Will i ever get my money back? I dont know as i dont intend to sell it anytime soon. Do I care? nope as I enjoy driving it every day and as the sign says `Lifes too short not to` :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
You drive a monster. I am jealous. Massively.
The prices do vary quite a bit, I've been watching for quite some time now. Seen a fair few pass through the hands of a dealer on eBay which hang around the 7k mark.

How about this ZT, whats your thoughts on the price?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MG-THE-LAST-WORKS-MG-MADE-NOW-OFFERED-FOR-SALE-/271054073528?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3f1c14eeb8
Great car, I had the pleasure of Paul Luti driving me around Castle Combe (Sideways) in it a few years ago. It didnt sell and for now resides in Longbridge`s showroom.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Great car, I had the pleasure of Paul Luti driving me around Castle Combe (Sideways) in it a few years ago. It didnt sell and for now resides in Longbridge`s showroom.
I bet that was epic!
I've seen some videos of it going (sideways like you say) and it looks like tonnes of fun.

Check out this one, mileage is fantastic!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MG-ZT-4-6-V8-260SE-4Doors-Manual-Saloon-Petrol-2005-05-Reg-Black-Limited-Edition-/321056645155?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item4ac077a023

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
There are a few on sale at the moment, price range from 6 to 9.5K?
Yeah there are. That top number is the one that started this thread, seemed like a dreamland price to me. I think the milegage of this 8k one and condition makes it a fairly realistic number.

I'd say the 260 remains very much an MG enthusiasts car at the moment so going too high gets a bit unrealistic.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Tried everything, apparently a V8 is 'too much for a family car'....I beg to disagree. Saw a gorgeous ZT-T 260 in green recently, I thought that would've been perfect!
My wife said to me "I want a fast wagon for our sensible car, does MG make a fast ZT?"

So she bought a ZT-T 260, and we shipped it to NZ.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts