MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok today I took my induction kit off and replaced the stock filter as I felt like driving for the day without bursting my ear drums. Anyway I put the Induction kit back on but instead used the pipework from the stock filter so the induction kit would reach the original air feed. Basically there is a completly different tone than before + I am managing 0-60 times of 8.1 seconds in a sohc 216 coupe! Also the car hits 60 in second no probs whethers before It would manage around 55. I also topped the oil today with 15-40 wt oil. I know this was the oil in the car already but not the same brand. Have I fitted my induction kit just right or is something hideously about to go wrong?
cheers
sam

·
Administrator
54,941 Posts
So could the car not rev as far if it was only getting to 55 before. Itake it you had the induction kit on the end of the throttle body the first time, and this time it is behind the battery?

Also 8.1 seconds is somewhat optimistic. How are you timing this?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The induction kit was originally fitted to the throttle body with one of those elbows supplied with the kit and yeah now its behind the battery. I new it would make a difference as before all that heat from the engine was getting sucked up and now it seated in the coldest part of the engine bay but you reaaly can feel the difference. Ive done a few times with a mate and a stopwatch outside my house in the early ours of the morning. The road is flat as we get similar times in both directions. My house is the only one on the road so I don't cause a disturbance + don't encounter any cars at that kind of time in the morning (5 am, I am so sad) and yeah 8.1 is an average of times ranging from 7.8 - 8.5. I know speedos are generally 10% optimistic but still my car must be far faster than on paper. Does the exterior of the honda d series dohc engine from the 216 gti look indentical to the sohc? When I got the car the bloke said the engine had been replaced with a dohc honda engine but after seeing photos of the engine bays of similar coupes I thought this was a load of crap. What do you think?
cheers sam

1 - 3 of 3 Posts