MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read in another thread that someone asked about insuring more than one car.

I have a 75 18T, my wife a Freelander 18 petrol and i have another car that my son drives now and again which is a Focus 1.4. My other son is about to start driving so I wondered is there a "One quote, Drive any car" type policy out there?

Also - is there a members insurance company that I know other clubs have arranged (I also have an SS1 soft top in bits).

I know the club is in its early stages but I wondered if any of our members were in the insurance trade and could suggest/help with a members discount?

Just a thought.
Roy

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
It would be nice if there was such a thing as an RPI for vehicle insurance as then you could really see what it costs but in reality every insurance quote is different from the next even the online ones differ if you go back and enter exactly the same info just a few seconds later

Although a club affiliated insurer might sound good I think it would be impossible for any company to permanently offer a real competitive discount insurance is simply to cut throat for that.

Probably better to get one to buy exclusive advertising space but not necessarily endorsed by the club that way no one gets flamed when the quote is found to be higher than hefalump.co.uk or whoever

PS Mods my typing is broken, this forum really needs a spelling checker!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Got a quote via the MG owners club last month (Lancaster). It worked out more expensive than many quotes obtained elsewhere! This seems to prove that preferential rates are a myth!
The only solution is to shop around, get the best quote on-line (eg Confused.com) and do what I did - go back to my original insurer and get them to beat it!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
aga said:
Got a quote via the MG owners club last month (Lancaster). It worked out more expensive than many quotes obtained elsewhere! This seems to prove that preferential rates are a myth!
The only solution is to shop around, get the best quote on-line (eg Confused.com) and do what I did - go back to my original insurer and get them to beat it!!
I got a quote from Lancaster and they were by far the cheapest and best quote I got, hence I am now insured with them as part of the MG Owners Club. Only stipulation is that I cannot transfer the insurance to a non MG vehicle.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
2,464 Posts
Keith Alexander said:
my typing is broken, this forum really needs a spelling checker!
:twak2:

It's got one :D

Top right corner of the box you try replies into (not quick replies!).

;)

·
Registered
rover_75
3,524 Posts
My mum and dad were going to do that same thing with the L200 so us 3 kids can drive the thing, but they wanted about 2k to do it!

Will find out the insurance company later.

:bazza:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts