MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the Qashqai be a money spinner for Nissan? Designed and built in the UK and already exported in large numbers to Japan, it seems this 'car' may be a winner for Nissan. I don't know if it will make NZ or not (under evaluation), but I'm impressed. The name might even grow on me one day!

http://www.samar.pl/index.html?__la=en&__ac=sec,4&new=13270

The diesel sounds the way to go, with a six speed auto!!! Hmmm. Well done Nissan UK and good news for Sunderland.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Will the Qashqai be a money spinner for Nissan?
I don't know whether anyone on the site cares but, in case you do:
http://wardsauto.com/ar/nissan_sunderland_qashqai/
Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. is considering increasing capacity at its Sunderland, U.K., plant to meet growing demand for the new Qashqai compact cross/utility vehicle...“The sales plan is to sell more than 100,000 Qashqai this year, and we are heading very much towards that target,” says Brian Carolin, senior vice president-sales and marketing for Nissan Europe SAS. “In fact, I think we will exceed the target,” he adds.
Original plans called for the production of about 130,000 units of the new CUV in its first full year.
“The manufacturing facility in Sunderland is very flexible, and we are currently studying whether we can increase the capacity quite quickly,” says Carolin. “Definitely, I think we will be increasing the production.
“We are getting 70% conquest sales, which is very high for any car manufacture.

I hope it comes down under.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
tis about the only nissan in a while i actually half like. tis quite funky.

that, and james on TG, while he may be captain slow, gave it a good review aswell.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
I'll eat my trunks on this one. I thought they'd no hope selling it in numbers but they are everywhere.

What's interesting is that this car was aimed at the same niche as the Rover Streetwise and proves that is a market for this type of car. Pity MGR didn't have the wonga to rebody the SW. It might have saved them.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I think that the Qashqai is a really nice car, xerif i agree that if the 25 had been reskinned with a higher window line with a streewise version it may well have saved MGR, along with a new 45 of course.

Only problem with the Qashqai is its quite expensive or it that because im used to 'Rover' prices still.

·
Registered
mg_zr
159 Posts
Supposedly they ran out of inspiration with the interior. Not on looks but with the functionality, the Nissan Note has alot of clever features that would be well received on a family utility car like the QashQai.

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
I seem to be seeing Qashqai's everywhere too. It is certainly selling an awful lot more than the dreary Almera.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
439 Posts
I seem to be seeing Qashqai's everywhere too. It is certainly selling an awful lot more than the dreary Almera.
Its not available in China - I cant figure out how big it is from the photos. Is it more like a Subaru Forrester type thing or is it bigger?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts