MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
rover_75_tourer
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any new MGR car on the dealers' lots are now worth a lot less. Who would pay RRP (even with current substantial discounts) for a car that has suddenly become extinct?

How quickly will Parker's etc. now reflect this dreadful news in used prices. Suddenly, my car is only worth a fraction of the car loan I took out to buy it. Lots of re-possessions in the coming weeks/months?? :sick2:

·
Registered
mg_zr
8,240 Posts
Any dissapeance of a brand results in a price drop...

Daewoo are expecting an additional 20% with the Chrysler rebadging!...

If you car was 15k new, and 3 years old is worth say 7k, it might drop to 5k....

They'll be an initial "HIT" where nobody will be able to sell a car, because the public will be in "wait and see" mode......

Overall, the prices shouldn't be too bad... it'll still be worth more than a Daewoo....

·
Registered
7,896 Posts
I can't see them dropping any lower than their current levels.

One thing for sure the 75 is a future classic set to be worth much more than most of it's rivals.

I'm proud of my 75 and will more than likely take advantage of the situation to replace it with another 75 !

·
Registered
263 Posts
*DLN* said:

One thing for sure the 75 is a future classic set to be worth much more than most of it's rivals.

I'm proud of my 75 and will more than likely take advantage of the situation to replace it with another 75 !

The way I look at it is that I bought a tf on finance, the monthly payments are actually less than what most leasing deals were and it has a guaranteed future value. I can hand the car back at the end of it and I’ve leased a car for a few years, only downside is what happens about parts and warrantee but then I could have spent the money buying an older larger can and not have a warrantee either so its almost inconsequential.

My biggest issue now is will I ever be able to buy another MG or Rover, I love the brand and have bought nothing else since discovering how good the cars are.

I feel really sorry for all the people who must have such uncertainty hanging over them at Longbridge and hope that things can be worked out for them

Phil.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I am getting my '03 plate ZT-T CDTi trade valued this morning, my wife sells for a large group in the north with an MGR franchise (altho' my wife sells Mazda/Seat). As of last Monday the best trade price underwrite was £7k against a Glass's guide of £9.6k last month.......Will update later.

G

·
Adrian Robertsh said:
I am getting my '03 plate ZT-T CDTi trade valued this morning, my wife sells for a large group in the north with an MGR franchise (altho' my wife sells Mazda/Seat). As of last Monday the best trade price underwrite was £7k against a Glass's guide of £9.6k last month.......Will update later.
You will get a totally ridiculous price. JCT600 prices are always a joke - you have to screw them for every last penny. I was offered 4800 for my ZS a bit back and I ended up getting 6000 for it on a better car that was cheaper!

JCT600 are rip off merchants

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hi,

It may be wishful thinking but as it would seem that there will become a time when no-one will be able to buy an MG, as previously mentioned this bodes well for future 'classic' or 'desirable' car markets....just depends how long you are willing to wait for that to happen!

Larry

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
*DLN* said:
Who in their right mind is going to buy a car with no future...

I reckon my car's lost 100% of its value in 6 days. I expect the olds 75 to be worth nothing, too.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Been trying to sell my 220SDi this weekend. The phone was ringing yesterday morning with 3 people wanting to view it on the weekend. Yesterday afternoon and today, not one call. I am sure I will not be able to give it away now.

·
Registered
24,543 Posts
Just a quick question.
I bought a new ZR 2 weeks ago.
Where do I stand on the GFV ? Who will the car go back to to settle the finance if the dealers no longer exist ?
I love Rover cars and have never owned any other brand, however I also can not afford to lose so much money.
Does Rover still have it's 30 day return/swap procedure in place.

Just to clarify If I can keep the car without any problems I will.
My dad works for the local Phoenix dealership so I am also very worried about his future also.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts