MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 97 (P reg) 214 Si 16v, is this the 84PS engine..?

Im considering upgrading to a 52mm Throttle Body, looking for an alloy one to stop the sticking problem with my current plastic one. I know that power is not increased, but is it worth spending the money to increase the throttle response..?

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
If it is the 16v then it will be the 103 version.

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Wouldnt bother with a 52mm TB to be honest.

General consensus is that they dont do much for the car, unless you have upgraded engine breathing.

At the end of the day though, its your cash.

On the other hand, if your TB is badly sticking, why not, although an alloy 48mm is available and always for sale on Ebay.

If you get a 52mm, do let us know what you think. It is interesting to see responses from different people.

Some peeople go, 'Wow, it makes a hell of a difference', some poeple says it makes no difference, and some people says it makes their car less responsive.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought it's most likely to be the 103PS, saves me from buying a new cable if i do decide to upgrade.

I have installed a K&N induction kit. I had it directly on the throttle body for months, but have since moved it, it now rests on top of the air box with an extra air feed running fro the front grill. Im not one to exaggerate, but i did'nt experiance that much increase in power but response was improved and the free "grunt" is sweet! Im guessing those who do experiance a decrease in performance may have it fitted directly to the throttle body or may just need to do general services like spark plugs and leads etc etc.

I really want to buy an alloy or aluminium throttle body, gotta get rid of this sticking problem. So does anybody else agree that buying a 48mm throttle body over the 52mm is just as good?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts