MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every morning when I start the car it doesnt kick up straight away, it can take a couple turns of the key. This has been like this for about month or two now. Anyhow even with that it usually pulls away like its lively self. This morning however upon working the clutch up from putting it in first gear it felt stodgey. I am just wondering what the symptoms and tell tale signs of the clutch going, I have a leak in my gearbox also as some of you may have read. Could this be compiling problems like this? I had planned on sorting my gearbox issue after the meet this weekend but this mornings kinda given me a scare.

Can somebody tell me what to look for as I have a weird feeling it will only do it in the mornings. Thanks!

(If this looks a mess I'm in work and IT are monitoring so I am trying to do it quickly. Bizarre if they punish me for trying to keep my car on the road to get me to work though!)

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
34,938 Posts
coolant temp sensor.

//edit - and IT depts like sugary snacks. Sweets, donuts, chocolate. And money. We all like money.

·
Registered
7,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I asked because I didnt have the time at work. If you said it was a simple job I'd have gone to the motor factors on my lunch instead I'm at home so I can search and pick it up tomorrow now :D Ta!

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
As for the clutch - I've noticed with clutches on all the modern MGRs that I have driven feel a bit odd (juddery) first thing in the morning (for the first few take-offs). Apparently due to the lack of asbestos in the linings.

The two symptoms are not likely to be related.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts