MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reason the plug on my Sat Nav isn't getting any power to it, any ideas as to why? Has it just died? If so, is it easy to repair? Don't want to rip it open if I don't have to!

Cheers :D

Oh, forgot to mention that the socket is fully operational, so it's not that.

·
Registered
rover_200_coupe
649 Posts
It's probably been yanked or something and the cable has come detached inside. You may be able to buy the cigarette lighter adaptors and cut yours off and wire up a new one, but it may be damaged at the other end (the connector to your sat nav unit) It will probably be easier to get in touch with the manufacturers of the sat nav device and see if they sell them separately.

·
Registered
16,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
neilbaker86 said:
It's probably been yanked or something and the cable has come detached inside. You may be able to buy the cigarette lighter adaptors and cut yours off and wire up a new one, but it may be damaged at the other end (the connector to your sat nav unit) It will probably be easier to get in touch with the manufacturers of the sat nav device and see if they sell them separately.
The light on the adapter isn't coming on, so I assume that would mean the fault is in the plug end as opposed to the end where it plugs into the Sat Nav?

Thanks for the help mate :)

·
Registered
27,269 Posts
Unscrew the end of it and check the fuse hasn't blown. You can unscrew the bit around the "nipple" and the fuse will drop out.

·
Registered
16,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
James C said:
Unscrew the end of it and check the fuse hasn't blown. You can unscrew the bit around the "nipple" and the fuse will drop out.
Nice one Jimmy C in da place 2 b, I'll give it a bash when I'm out at the car :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts