MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
rover_25
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2001 rover 25 2.0 td and i have an intermittent problem with starting my car,i turn the key and sometimes the starter doesn't turn over i let go of the key and try again and it starts normally.i have changed the starting relay,cleaned the contacts in the ignition switch and used the spare remote fob in case there is a problem with it.

can anyone help me ????

·
Registered
31 Posts
Did you ever resolve this? I'm getting exactly the same problem with my 2002 Rover 25 1.6. Turn the key all the way, all the lights on the dash comes on, but no start... it doesn't even turn over, just absolutely nothing. Sometimes it takes a couple of tries before it finally starts. This is on the 2nd day of ownership from Trident Garages...

Anyone with any bright ideas before I throw a wobbly?

·
Registered
27,730 Posts
it's has been mentioned before to try and clean the connections to the starter motor with a wire brush or something similar, or maybe they are just loose and need tightening up.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Solenoid Lead

Hi, i have a problem with this one aswell. The problem with mine is that the single lead going to the starter motor solenoid is loose. I think that it is an earth lead. What i need to do is push it to the left to properly connect it again, and the engine starts up fine again. You can tell when it it is getting loose, because when you turn it over its sounds quite rough. The lead is a spade connector i believe and has a soft plastic cover. Hope that this is of some use.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.