MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon all,

I have recently changed my stereo for my MG ZR and after putting the interior panel back on, the lights that light up the fog light buttons and warning hazrd button are not working? Has anyone else had this probelem and does anyone know how to change these lights? On a similar note does anyone know how to cange the light behind the clock as this has just stopped working aswell (much to my annoyance!!) does anyone know how to change this?

thanks for your help

·
Registered
21,962 Posts
Afternoon all,

I have recently changed my stereo for my MG ZR and after putting the interior panel back on, the lights that light up the fog light buttons and warning hazrd button are not working? Has anyone else had this probelem and does anyone know how to change these lights? On a similar note does anyone know how to cange the light behind the clock as this has just stopped working aswell (much to my annoyance!!) does anyone know how to change this?

thanks for your help
In the fog light switch, there are 2 small bulbs in coloured holders. These just unscrew half a turn, and pop out to be replaced.

Same with the clock and the hazard switch, but with only one bulb.

Cheers
Skelo

·
Registered
21,962 Posts
OK thanks, are the bulbs easy to get hold of? can i get them from somewhere like Halfords?

thanks
If you take them out, show them to the person behind the counter.

Personally, i would go to one of the smaller independant motorfactors. The ones that have a proper smell of car parts to them!!

Will only be pennies.

Cheers
Skelo

·
Registered
10,203 Posts
Did you remove the centre console to fit a new cage? You may have disturbed the plugs in the back of the switches or loosened a connection. Prise the buttons out and have a bit of a play to see if you can get them working again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts