MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, when having a mmodge inside the car with the radio, i was turning the ignition on and off when sorting things out, and when i turned it off when it was quiet, i noticed of what can only be described as a "dot matrix printer" sounds behind the dash...

Is this normal? and what on earth is it doing? :err:

Regards

Stu C

p.s. Sorry for the newbie ZT questions :O

·
Registered
mg_6_gt
2,237 Posts
does this occur when you turn the ign to 2nd and ten off if thats the noise im thinking about its the recirc air motir open ing , then closing when you turn car off ??

·
Registered
10,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes thats exactly it, when i turn the ignition properly on and off again it does it. Sounds like those old printers at the doctors for a presciption, although not as loud! :lol:

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Yes thats exactly it, when i turn the ignition properly on and off again it does it. Sounds like those old printers at the doctors for a presciption, although not as loud! :lol:

I get this noise too, it is a printer sort of noise
Like something is being reset behind the dash. I don't think it is anything to worry about though as it has always been there, it could be something to do with the air con?

·
Registered
mg_6_gt
2,237 Posts
if you stick you head your glove box youll have a better idea , i greased my motor up and tightend the holding screww a little and mine hardly mutters above a mummor

as for pics i do some where what you intrested in so i can gett the better loking ones up :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts