MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went looking for some 600 parts and found a very old Rover saloon, its days are rather numbered to one hand! So took some pics, 3.5L V8 power! batteries died when i took a engine shot. nice Rover logo V8 covers! And Tax exempt!!

·
Registered
rover_200_coupe
694 Posts
That radio looks in better nick, than the one in my Brava! lol

Shame it can't be pulled and given some TLC.

Sean

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
What a shame - now that is what I call a proper Rover.

I'd love a fully restored top notch one of those ;)

·
Registered
rover_75
6,031 Posts
And the best engine to wear a Rover badge.

Did they do many P5s witht the Buick motor - I realise that makes the beastie a P5B just never seen one.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
5,867 Posts
That is a REAL Rover - from the days of Spen King and the car for which Rover bought the Buick V8.

They did thousands of P5Bs and they went all over the globe. Tastiest of all is the P5B Coupe - a 4 door coupe with a revised roofline.

This car is worth rescuing if only to use for parts to restore another car.

·
Registered
378 Posts
There was a one off programme on BBC1 last night called George Gently (martin shaw), he drove a rover P5B

I did drool a lot when the rover was on :lol:

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
Look at that poor red 214, what a shame!

Theres a white P5 3500 in 100 times better condition rotting away in a front garden round the corner from me, deffo looks restorable

·
Registered
10,841 Posts
Its about as rare as actually finding 600 parts in a scrap yard that is! :lol: In our local scrap yard theres a X-reg Rover SD1 rotting away up the corner of the scrap yard as well :(

Edit - if you see a silver 600 in Silver good panels let me know please! :O

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
Shame to see a once graceful and expensive Prime Minister's chosen transport looking like this, and not like this:

although I was always dismayed with the interior of the P5. The VDP's always had the edge, particularly the Princess R.

·
Registered
360 Posts
And the best engine to wear a Rover badge.

Did they do many P5s witht the Buick motor - I realise that makes the beastie a P5B just never seen one.

A total of 20,627 Rover P5B were produced, this figure being for both saloon and coupe versions.
The earlier six cylinder cars had a longer production run, and amounted to 48,548. Again saloon and coupe counted together.
James Taylor has written some excellent books on these wonderful cars, and I have sourced this info there.

Steve

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Went in one of those as a kid.Like floating on air .No road or engine noise.Least thats how i remember it !!How well as some of that chrome kept as well ??

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Quite a bit of damage to the roof and front passenger door. Could that have been a rollover, or is it just damage from being in the yard (forklift, other things piled on top, etc.)?

1 - 20 of 75 Posts