MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
rover_75
6,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mate at work swears by uprated intercoolers. He fitted a larger one off a TD5 Disco to his tomcat and was able to drop the boost AND still get more power.

Is there any history of using bigger coolers on L series engines and if so from where and how?

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
4,589 Posts
forehead said:
My mate at work swears by uprated intercoolers. He fitted a larger one off a TD5 Disco to his tomcat and was able to drop the boost AND still get more power.

Is there any history of using bigger coolers on L series engines and if so from where and how?
Rather than have the hassle and expense of a bigger one, I have a contact who gas flows them.

He claims (which I accept) that it made a big difference on his L series (remapped, mafam, exhaust decat pipe etc).

he charges £60 as there is a lot of grinding to be done and is hoping to supply them on an exchange basis witha deposit refunded upon return of your old one.

Ron

PS I will have decat pipes in stock from tomorrow.

·
Registered
rover_75
6,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds interesting...

I note you say remapped on your breakdown. Is that something you do or is it a Superchips job?

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
4,589 Posts
forehead said:
Sounds interesting...

I note you say remapped on your breakdown. Is that something you do or is it a Superchips job?
My first 45 was remapped by Superchips. Had I know that the maf sensor was responsible for the poor performance, the £500 would have been better spent on other things.
My mafam did the job on my 2nd 45, along with a boost increase etc.

Ron

1 - 4 of 4 Posts