MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Are any of you guys and gals insured with Adrian Flux. If so have you done the Air Intake mod. If so how much extra was it on your premium when declared and what did you declare it as.

Ta all

Gandalf

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Going against the grain I really wouldn't have bothered.

Best scenario is to just tell them that the car now has xyz BHP above standard.

And please, don't start telling me that my insurance policy will be void if an assesor comes round. Assessors don't come round anymore, and even if they did, how are they going to know what the intake is or isn't meant to look like?

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
4,589 Posts
Going against the grain I really wouldn't have bothered.

Best scenario is to just tell them that the car now has xyz BHP above standard.

And please, don't start telling me that my insurance policy will be void if an assesor comes round. Assessors don't come round anymore, and even if they did, how are they going to know what the intake is or isn't meant to look like?
If they did, and spotted it, and queried it then:-

You did the mod to stop spray killing the maf sensor anyway, didn't you .... wink wink..!

Ron

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Tell that to my next door neighbour, who is a motor insurance assessor, who does an awful lot of mileage checking vehicles following claims. OK, they'll be the larger claims, I'm sure.

The really bad news is that he was watching me do my intake mod, comparing it with his Vectra, so there's at least one (he works for an independent firm, his patch is NW London and the Home Counties) who knows about the mod.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts