MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
47,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had my renewal from Norwich Union Direct for £600 :yikes: . Sooo, tried a few others on line and came up with Churchill for £360, inc NC protection and declaring a claim I have with NUD. Methinks NUD are taking the pi$$.

·
Green Goddess
7,619 Posts
Yep they probably are! I used to be insured with them when i had a fiesta :indiff: and when i got my first F i stayed with them until it was renewal time and went with Lancaster through the MGOC and couldnt believe the difference in price!! Even when i upgraded to my new TF still very competitve.

They still phone up at renewal time now,and i just mention Lancasters name and they just say oh we cant compete with them and hang up :rotflmao:

Paula

·
Registered
64 Posts
i had the same problem - i used confused.com and they came up with more than insurance and my quote from norwich was c. 600 - more than was 320

tess

·
Registered
14,789 Posts
I'm a younger driver, i'm 24 with a TF135, My insurance is £590 with directline, with 2 years no claims. Which I thoguht was quite cheap all things considered. Although the excess is £250, and in the smallest of small print another £250 is added making it £500! because I am under 25 and the type of car it is. So if my car is to get damaged, as strange as it may sound i'd like it to be on my birthday!
Anyway that being said, directline were the cheapest I could find, I think tesco were about the same, then again aren't they both run through directline though??

Jonathan

·
Registered
14,789 Posts
Deano, With that price i'm thinking your TF is the 160? either that or you live in baghdad. :guns: :guns2:
Anyway what's a rough price they charge to protect you NCD? or is it a percentage of the policy? if I can achieve another 18 months without pranging mine I think i'll take it up!

Jonathan

·
Registered
14,789 Posts
Didn't think it'd be that much, then again with these cars I guess it's worth protecting it, still seems a lot from mine (taking into account 2 more years no claims and over 25..) or do insurers charge a bit more as your TF is black, i've noticed you always saying it's the better colour and all! :lol:

Jonathan

A

·
0 Posts
I thought yours was anthracite - and in my book, anthracite is far classier (and sexier) than BLACK....!

I'm with Churchill and they added another £50 onto my insurance when I changed from my R reg Discovery to the TF - currently abot £450 and thats with protected no claims and £100 excess. And I have to give them their due, they were excellent when I had my accident, no hassles.... unlike another member of my family who is with NUD and has been finding them a right pain in the proverbial **** after they had their Jag written off recently.

·
Registered
14,789 Posts
To the uneducated, it's black! :D

Just checked up to get a rough idea of a quote from churchill, them and tesco are much of a muchness for me, looks like I might stick with directline when it comes to renewal, well I might wait and play them off against one another and try and get a better deal! :bgrin:

PS. I notice you didn't give your age away Andie B!

Jonathan

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
think thats bad im 25 5years ncb and the total premium is 750 quid!!!!

although 150 of that is ncd protection.

shocking although still half the price of most people. thats with DL.

Still at least i drive it to get good value from the insurance. :D

·
Registered
mg_tf
329 Posts
I am with Privilege, but find the renewals are more expensive then taking out a new policy on the internet with Privilege, so I just take out a new policy each time. Seems to be the same with other companies too. I think it's always worth checking a new quote and never just accepting the renewal notice.

·
Registered
47,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Andie B said:
....I'm with Churchill....And I have to give them their due, they were excellent when I had my accident, no hassles.... unlike another member of my family who is with NUD and has been finding them a right pain in the proverbial ****
Well, well, well, as my first thread, NUD wanted £600 for renewal, I've gotta claim in with them, and they are being a pain. Churchill want £360, thats for a 50 yo, 7yrs NCD and procted NC, methinks they get the money !!!!

·
Registered
14,789 Posts
I know what you mean JohnE, most companies tend to shaft long-time customers, it's exactly the same with mobile phones, I could terminate my contract, take out a new one, and get a new handset for free, or after a year *upgrade* which costs me money, let me think! :confused:

I tried getting a new quote from directline when I last got my renewal, and it was a fair bit more than the renewal, so some companies do reward you, or probably they slipped up! :)

Jonathan

·
Registered
434 Posts
Andie B said:
.... I changed from my R reg Discovery to the TF ....
Wow, that that was some change in motor Andie, from big interior and high driving position to a small cockpit low down driving position. Bet that was difficult to adjust too. Were you a part-time farmer part-time law-student? :err:

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
My insurance is £590 with directline, with 2 years no claims. Which I thoguht was quite cheap all things considered. Although the excess is £250

That's just stupid, you'd be far better paying £700 with only a £250 excess than paying £590 and a £500!!! That will really sting you if you have to make a claim.

·
Registered
14,789 Posts
Yeah I know the excess was really small on the corsa and when I changed they didn't mention anything about small print and just said it would go up to £250, although being under 25 I have another £250 added, so if I can keep the car on the road, and the ****** don't take a fancy to it within the next month (before i'm 25) it'll then be £250. Which isn't too bad considering, and I don't intend to drive like a :cus: and write it off, although one never knows.

Jonathan

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
Which isn't too bad considering, and I don't intend to drive like a and write it off, although one never knows.
That's always the worry though, you may not but someone else might and be heading your way. If you did by mistake then that's fair enough you'll just have to wait till renewal time to change it. I try and get my excess as low as possible, i think mines at around £150 but then i pay £700 a year insurance.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts