MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
rover_45
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for some advice about car insurance. My car was hit from behind causing £3200 of damage. The other parties insurance has accepted liability for the accident. The problem I am having is my wife will not drive the car when it is fixed. I have told my insurance company that I do not want the car back. They have stated that because the damage is not more than 60% of the cars value ,it must be fixed. Can anyone advise me about this matter. Thanks Sam

·
Registered
30,859 Posts
why will she not drive the car when you get it back?

theres nothing you can do really.....other than hope they cant get a hold of the parts you need and are forced to write it off. which will be the loss of a decent car

look at it this way, if she wont drive the car that means its all yours, give her 50 quid and show her the bus stop? ;) :lol:

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
samwilson1 said:
They have stated that because the damage is not more than 60% of the cars value ,it must be fixed. Can anyone advise me about this matter. Thanks Sam

You'll probably find this in the terms and conditions of your insurance policy and by accepting the certificate and paying the premium you'll be deemed to have accepted these terms.

So if she really doesn't want to drive it you may just have to change the car when it's fixed, they will not write it if it falls within their economic repair criteria.

·
Banned
5,073 Posts
It isn't the insurance companies fault that someone ran into the back of your car and your wife doesn't want to drive it again.

Read what you have posted and realise how silly it is.

If everyone who had an accident wanted their insurance company to write off their car then insurance premiums already sky high would be astronomical.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
samwilson1 said:
I am looking for some advice about car insurance. My car was hit from behind causing £3200 of damage. The other parties insurance has accepted liability for the accident. The problem I am having is my wife will not drive the car when it is fixed. I have told my insurance company that I do not want the car back. They have stated that because the damage is not more than 60% of the cars value ,it must be fixed. Can anyone advise me about this matter. Thanks Sam
You must have a pretty stonkingly good 45, £5500 value or something like that.
You want to get a car like mine (cheap), was written off, simple as!

But like everyone else has said your position is indefensable. They agree to fix OR buy the car off you IF neccesary, which in this case it is not. They might agree to have the car off you (if you are very lucky) but only for the £3200, otherwise it becomes uneconomical for them......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts