MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At 21 years of age, the old condenser was in poor shape and slowly leaking. I'm getting close to completing its replacement, having resolved some questions like the O rings and replacement of the dryer. When it's fully sorted (I'll be going to a professional to charge it with gas), I'll post some notes which should help anyone else who wants to do this.

I've taken the chance to sort out a few other issues; I've de-rusted the steering fluid cooler and put some good paint on that. I've replaced the bottom radiator hose, which is very easy when the rad is out. The old hose didn't look bad, but it seemed reasonable to retire it. I spent some time cleaning rust off one of the fan assemblies.

Just a general comment on the 600 sub-thread; activity on here seems almost dead, which is surprising as there are still a couple of thousand 600's registered. There seems to be a 600 owners page on Facebook, but I'm not fan of Facebook, and the limited visibility I've had of it gave me the impression (perhaps wrong) that it's fairly lightweight?

Has anyone got any ideas as to how the 600 sub-forum could be brought back to life?

B

·
Super Moderator
Rover 200 Rover 600
12,367 Posts
I do not see much talk on R600 on FB as well. I am lurking to see what is going on there, but not much, same like here.
It is hard to get people on forum talking when there is so small amount of problems with these cars, I would say.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is hard to get people on forum talking when there is so small amount of problems with these cars, I would say.
Yes, that may well be the "Catch 22" issue. The few minor problems with the 600 have already been well covered on the forum. The conversation is limited.

My current project is the first time in 10 or 11 years the car's been off the road.

I also have a Toyota Celica and that's much the same. At 17 years old, I've spent a bit of time dealing with some rust on the rear suspension, and that's the extent of it.
Of course, I'm not complaining :grin:.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I was at the Enfield pageant today which is quite a big decent show in nth London and apart from my 600 I didn’t see another which is a crying shame.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mmm, you'd certainly expect a few Ti's to appear, even if not the standard models.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts