MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17,936 Posts
havent needed to remove it for any reason since i had the LR gasket fitted. opened it yesterday and noticed a big dent in the side if it.... looks like when they did the job, whatever comes up out of the car to be removed gto a bit of a clunk against the car and dented it. :(

never going back to friarsgate again.
Thats a bit crap. :(
Is it obvious? Could you knock it back into where it should be?

·
Registered
734 Posts
If it's on the drivers side, it could be where you have to remove the 18mm engine mounting bolts to get the cam belt off. The are off set slightly, so it is easier to lean the extension on the edge of the hole to pull against the ratchet - lazy way of doing it. I packed a bit of old plastic round the hole edge in case I was tempted to do the same :rolleyes:

It is dry and warm up there, so no real danger of tin worm spreading.w

·
Registered
42,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If it's on the drivers side, it could be where you have to remove the 18mm engine mounting bolts to get the cam belt off. The are off set slightly, so it is easier to lean the extension on the edge of the hole to pull against the ratchet - lazy way of doing it.

cheers, thats put my mind to rest slightly. hopefully the dent is due to the tools hitting my car rather than clunking a part of my engine against the panel.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

1 - 11 of 11 Posts