MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
mgf
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello
I have a problem with the inner light of my MGF and that briefly goes as follows. The lights don't come on when I open the passenger door. I directly connected the connections that go to the door lock microswitch and nothing happens and then I verified by measuring that the microswitch is always on and someone disconnected the circuit that connects the lights to prevent them from always being on with the door closed. Where can I look inside the center console since the connection at the doors is ok and only after entering the central tunnel, next to the feet, is it lost
Any help will be welcome, thanks.

·
Registered
'10 TF135
367 Posts
_DSF3253.jpg

I'd have thought it goes to, or somewhere near, the scu which is the black box behind your temperature controls if it's anything to do with microswitches/central locking etc.

You get at it by taking out the side(s) of the gearbox tunnel like in the pic.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
92 Posts
View attachment 136737

I'd have thought it goes to, or somewhere near, the scu which is the black box behind your temperature controls if it's anything to do with microswitches/central locking etc.

You get at it by taking out the side(s) of the gearbox tunnel like in the pic.

Hope this helps.
Hi these lights have a mind of their own! I've been plagued with the problem of lights on, lights off for ages, I now just accept that they will work correctly when they want to! Sorry that I can't offer any help on this matter, but if you rectify yours maybe you can tell the rest of us how to do it. Best of luck!! Regards.

·
Registered
'10 TF135
367 Posts
My first thought would be to substitute the door lock mechanism with a known-good-but-used unit from one of our recyclers.

I seem to remember a similar post where the author decided that the microswitch couldn't be renewed in any case and solved their similar problem by swapping out the inner door mech.

I had to do this with my previous '05 TF (that had deadlocked itself and needed breaking to bits to get off :() and found that the cost of a brand-new unit was eye-watering. That said, the first used unit was duff and needed returning too :(

Loadsa luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts