MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
rover_45
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Drove my car in dark for first time on Saturday Bournemouth to Manchester and back to watch the football.

Anyway in the evening I had the lights on and I noticed that my clock was not illuminated.

Looking around the cabin I also noticed that the buttons to opertate electric windows, mirrors and beam adjustment were not illuminated (think maybe the heater dials were out as well).

Should these be lit up?
They have been on my previous cars.
I am thinking that maybe they are on the same circuit and the fuse has gone but don't have a Haynes manual - can anyone advise??

The hazard light button is lit up ok though.

·
Registered
rover_45
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh my, its soo dark in there!!
Bit unusual for these not to be lit up, oh well.

Any ideas on the clock?

Ta

·
Registered
723 Posts
just replaced my clock bulb and now it works, try tapping the side of the center console on the passenger side by the heater switches normally works for my car :)

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
just replaced my clock bulb and now it works, try tapping the side of the center console on the passenger side by the heater switches normally works for my car :)

haha thats what I have to do in mine sometimes. Either the left side of the centre console goes dim or the entire thing goes out. A quick slap on the side and they come back on.

Gotta love the Rover quirks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts