MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there I am looking to bring me some more power lower down on the revs and have read a few bits here and there and I am currently looking at a small set up,would appreciate if people could tell me if it sounds worthwhile or not :)K series 1600 engine( ala bubble 216)VVC inlect manifold(older design apparently)52mm TBInduction kit(concealed though I am hoping)Possibly 1800 non VVC headVVC exhaust manifold and downpipeAftermarket exhaust system(probably miltek)I am hoping this will make my car a little more lively a chunk lower down on the rev range, I have not forgotten brakes or suspension and will be running this :-rover 25 GTi front calipers and uprated discs/padsMG ZR dampers and avo springsHoping this should make for an interesting ride what do you guys think?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Sounds like over £1.5k worth of parts there, depending if they are new/2nd hand.

If you plan to do that much to it, have you considered getting an R25 GTI or ZR 1.8? As most of the work will be done for you, and the insurance can't be that much more?

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
No point in adding the VVC manifold to the non VVC, won't gain any power, ports won't match and you'll have trouble with the MAP sensor.
Exhaust manifold on non VVC is exactly the same as VVC model. All K series heads are the same except for the VVC head.

Cheapish mods include:
52mm TB
BMC induction kit
Ported manifold and downpipe
Superchips Icon
Performance Cat back system.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Sounds like over £1.5k worth of parts there, depending if they are new/2nd hand.

If you plan to do that much to it, have you considered getting an R25 GTI or ZR 1.8? As most of the work will be done for you, and the insurance can't be that much more?
Where's the fun in that?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
all i'm saying is, i know my car inside out. There's nothing i don't know about it or it's limits, and at the end of the day i can say i stripped and crated her up myself. Check the insurance as i think the ZR160 and 25 GTi are about 3 or 4 categories different.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts