MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got myself a forced air induction kit and noticed there are limited spots to put the pipe. The foil pipe can stretch behind the radiator and go down the driver side behind the mesh at the bottom of the bumper. I had to remove the plastic panel for this, but I do not wanna go any further in case there is a simpler way?, I do not want it close to the ground either as water is plentyful around here. any suggestions? more concerned about the foil pipe being near the exhaust,meant to be heat resistant,but would I be getting the full benefit of cold air when high temp is near by?

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
1,496 Posts
BazR said:
I just got myself a forced air induction kit and noticed there are limited spots to put the pipe. The foil pipe can stretch behind the radiator and go down the driver side behind the mesh at the bottom of the bumper. I had to remove the plastic panel for this, but I do not wanna go any further in case there is a simpler way?, I do not want it close to the ground either as water is plentyful around here. any suggestions? more concerned about the foil pipe being near the exhaust,meant to be heat resistant,but would I be getting the full benefit of cold air when high temp is near by?
Needs to be kept away from the exhaust, the induction kit supplies cooler air, cooler air is more dense and makes the engine more efficent, boosting your power output. If your not wanting to fit it down the front of the radiator for fear of water getting in, why not modify the grill to take the pipe.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey m8,thanks,im aware of the workings of it, basicly im wondering if im forced to put it there,on the passengers side there is nowhere for this brute to go as far as i can see. the only access is on the drivers side,which means the pipe runs across. fearing this being the only way I thought I would ask in here,it aint attached currently,i was test fitting. where exactly can I modify what on the passengers side?

·
Registered
cityrover
13,055 Posts
Its a passive system its not forced. Forced induction includes turbos and superchargers.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im qouting whats on the box,and im sure everyone gets the idea,its a nice item. I never got to say hello to anyone as such,so maybe that will provoke a solution. My name is Baz,im from County Fermanagh in Northern Ireland and I work in a motor factors. we get a few bits and bobs from an accessory guy. and this one caught my eye. im not overly into adding bits like this,as I like to keep my rover as subtle as i can. I also not keep on altering which cant be replaced as easy as it can be removed.
I wish to have more time for the car but work is mostly 6 day weeks,9 till half 6 and my lady requires a lot of affection at home. hence you could safely say, I aint got the time for cutting up my car, lol, those days are long gone

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
1,496 Posts
BazR said:
im qouting whats on the box,and im sure everyone gets the idea,its a nice item. I never got to say hello to anyone as such,so maybe that will provoke a solution. My name is Baz,im from County Fermanagh in Northern Ireland and I work in a motor factors. we get a few bits and bobs from an accessory guy. and this one caught my eye. im not overly into adding bits like this,as I like to keep my rover as subtle as i can. I also not keep on altering which cant be replaced as easy as it can be removed.
I wish to have more time for the car but work is mostly 6 day weeks,9 till half 6 and my lady requires a lot of affection at home. hence you could safely say, I aint got the time for cutting up my car, lol, those days are long gone
You could run it on top of the exhaust if you can stop the pipe heating up, plenty of reflective lagging should do the trick. Might be worth getting a hold of a thermometer and see after a run what temp of air is when it enters the pipe and when it gets to the inlet manifold and just playing about until your happy. There's no hard and fast instructions for these things, everyone does mods differently.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Nick Birse said:
You could run it on top of the exhaust if you can stop the pipe heating up, plenty of reflective lagging should do the trick. Might be worth getting a hold of a thermometer and see after a run what temp of air is when it enters the pipe and when it gets to the inlet manifold and just playing about until your happy. There's no hard and fast instructions for these things, everyone does mods differently.
Even the standard item which feeds outside gets hot, just stick your hand on top of the airbox to see what I mean.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah, i know what you mean.I aint left the pc since so I will take a good ganders at it tomorrow,preparing for M.O.T,which is a pain coz the last car I had got a ball of pounds spent on it for the test no time ago, I'm sure I will find some way or another to sort it. I shall try n up a few pics if I have a brainwave,lol,thanks for the comments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts