MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what about the viper kits.
i have the bmc one on now its not bad but i bought it of e bay and it does nt fit very well in fact the cold air feed came off today when trying out the new manifold
thank you for your help

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
If you already have the BMC CDA unit, then get it fitted correctly as you cannot go wrong. There is very little to choose between that and the ITG. The ITG is a bespoke kit, whereas the BMC requires some fitting.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Ok guys a little off here but what induction kit would suit a 1.4 k series? Would like a little more power but for as little cash as possible! Is it worth it or should i just get an uprated panel filter for mine? I've seen universal induction kits in halfrauds that are cheap (ish). Need new exhaust soon so was thinking of a performance exhaust and air filter or something. Any help appreciated!

Cheers,
Markus

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
You're better off doing a search elsewhere for that info. Not sure what others are using for their 1.4's. Probably open cones as there is little to gain with regards performance, just induction noise!

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Mmm...the induction noise! A while ago I forgot to put my air filter element back in when i was on the way to fetch a new one and the noise from the engine...it roared! Luckily it was only a short drive and i fitted the new one while i was there so hopefully nothing nasty got into the engine.

It is a little extra power i'd like rather than noise though. I thought that if a car has a good full exhaust and an induction kit, there'd be a bit of extra power released? I'm not too clued up on engines etc (can you tell? :lol: ).

Cheers stamford,

Mark

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
If you have a sweet engine to start with and then added a quality exhaust, then a quality induction kit installed properly, it will improve the response and give a slight increase over standard. Don't expect too much though.

Anything is better than standard, but don't forget to tell your insurance company, some will void it if you have an accident and they find out during the claims process.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts