1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Remember this?
"Rover admits 2,300 face sack as Phoenix Four stand to net £10m"
http://forums.mg-rover.org/showthread.php?t=63287

Well they've admitted their mistake. But it's a tiny story buried deep inside the paper. Goes to show, though, that the press really does make stuff up.

READERS' EDITOR: Corrections

Michael Williams
20 March 2005
Independent On Sunday

In our article of 6 March "Rover admits 2,300 face sack as Phoenix Four stand to net £10m", we incorrectly stated that a letter from Rover to its dealers regarding the joint venture with Shanghai Automotive Industry Corporation (SAIC) detailed the level of redundancies and the future shareholding of SAIC in the venture. We accept that the letter did not contain those details and, accordingly, our headline stating "Rover admits ..." was inaccurate.

·
Registered
mg_zt
3,335 Posts
:) I always think that the press should be made to make just as big a fuss about fixing their mistakes as they do when they go over board on a story which is blatently wrong...!

·
Registered
rover_800
11,775 Posts
i think that if they did a big story on page one, then the apology must be on page one, if it was a three page spread on pages 4-5 and 6 then the apology should be on those pages, if it was good enough to fcuk someone or something over on one two or three pages then they should be made to apologise on the same size of article..........

·
Registered
mg_zs
767 Posts
This is also the second time I've seen an "apology" with a subtext. The last line I read as a dig in that they didn't get the information wrong as such, they just shouldn't have used the wording "Rover admits..". They should be given a slap.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.