MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As if i have not had enough bad luck with my TF in the 2months ish that i have owned it, with power steering motor being replaced, drivers seat needed repairing and the engine management has come on 3 times so far! So all this equals 5 or 6 times in the garage!
THEN SOME NERD! decides is would be a great idea to fling their car door open into my passenger side rear panel!! GRRRRR
So i was not impressed when i was walking back to my car and i spy a nice dent below the petrol cap. It can be clearly seen from distance as the smooth curve is completely disrupted by what looks like a bullet has hit my car lol.
When i got closer it became clear that it was the car that was still parked next to me! MUG! I know it was him/her as i had their paint on my car and my paint on their car!
Looks like they flung the rear door open as much as possible considering there was around a 1.5m gap between our cars!
A polite yet sarcastic note was left on their car saying thanks very much for opening your car door onto my MG and leaving me a lovely present.....A DENT!! etc etc etc.
Why are some people just so inconsiderate! It really GRIPS MY S**T!!
Its not as though they had on old car it was brand new, some stoopid Vauxhall Zafira or whatever it was!! Bet it was a bloomin mum on school run!
Does this happen to anyone else or am i just lucky lol.
It seems everytime i go out i end up having to get the polish and t-cut out when i get home! I always park at the end of the car park next to a wall so i can park as close to wall as possible so it will leave a nice big gap for the car next to me so that my car wont get damaged! AND I STILL GET HIT!
Last time it happened it was the 2nd time in a day and by which point was truly P***ED OFF!! so decided to use their roof as an ash tray!
Sorry for going on, had to get that off my chest. On the plus side my solictors are looking their details up so i can claim back my excess and i should get the car back tuesday all going well. Thats if the young lad this morning hasnt binned my car seeing as he thought i could see him round the corner where he decided to put his toe down! Hell have a nasty shock when he realises it DOESNT have ABS!
Grumble over.

·
Registered
30,859 Posts
i fyou seen your paint on the other guys door why didnt you wait til they come out? take some photos with your phone, go check for cctv cameras. i would of waited and asked them for money to fix it.

id also put a complaint into teh garage where you saw they guy putting his foot down. i hope he gets a speeding ticket!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thing is its kinda a public car park, i did wait but they didnt come back. I took photos with camera. Doubt ill see my excess back but can but hope.
Im now in a corsa, i want my TF back :-(

·
Green Goddess
7,619 Posts
It pi$$es me off when i go to the shops and the car park is almost empty so i park on my own away from the riff raff, but when i come out there is ALWAYS someone heap of junk parked right next to me as close as is physically possible!! They have the whole bloody car park to themselves but do they use it?? No, they have to park right next to me so close i can hardly open the door sometimes!! It really winds me up GRRRRR!!!!:mad:

·
Registered
434 Posts
Yep, it's happened to me. Got a 1cm vertical line on drivers door which can be seen from a certain angle.

Why do so many people have so little regard for others peoples possessions.

·
Registered
434 Posts
PaulaM said:
It pi$$es me off when i go to the shops and the car park is almost empty so i park on my own away from the riff raff, but when i come out there is ALWAYS someone heap of junk parked right next to me as close as is physically possible!! They have the whole bloody car park to themselves but do they use it?? No, they have to park right next to me so close i can hardly open the door sometimes!! It really winds me up GRRRRR!!!!:mad:
Maybe they think - "no one will nick my pile of crap while it's parked next to that lovely sports car".

·
Registered
30,859 Posts
what i really hate are to$$ers that park in two bays. you can tell soemone has a new car when they use two bays up. it really pi$$es me off.

i mean can people just not drive nowadays, usually into a space that is way big enuf to fit any car. i cant see why people are so lazy that if they have gone into a space, they cant be arsed to reverse and straighten up.

2 bay takers should be shot instantly or fined whichever is easier. disabled people dont have two bays so why should they?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A friend of mine always parks in the middle of two bays just so no one can park next to him, although i think its a bit rude and inconsiderate im truly thinking that it is the way to go! I think im going to start caryin bollards in the boot, granted theyll have to be small bollards seeing as there is not much room lol. Then ill just but bollards in the bays next to me so hopefully people will think that theres work going on.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lol
Just posted an saw you post about people who take up 2 bays.
Well yeah i do agree that it is mighty annoyin BUT my mate doesnt have a single mark on his car from people who have a total lack of recpect for other peoples cars!
We should have car parks like the ones in america where you drive in and the car park is actaully made up of kind of huges boxes which the car drives into and is lifted into place and gets brought back down to you when you collect. Thus eliminating people parking their cars and stopping any damage being done at car parks!

·
Registered
783 Posts
deelunn said:
what i really hate are to$$ers that park in two bays. you can tell soemone has a new car when they use two bays up. it really pi$$es me off.

i mean can people just not drive nowadays, usually into a space that is way big enuf to fit any car. i cant see why people are so lazy that if they have gone into a space, they cant be arsed to reverse and straighten up.

2 bay takers should be shot instantly or fined whichever is easier. disabled people dont have two bays so why should they?
2 bay takers are quite often trying to protect their doors, especially if they slew the car over at an angle...

·
Registered
30,859 Posts
if you take up two bays your just as inconsiderate as the guys opening there doors on your cars. if everyone done that no one would even get parked. wed then need more car parks then more tax payers money. your actually adding to the problem if you do stupid things like that.

fact is if everyone used their common sense in this country wed all be better off. if its windy your door is bound to fly open, fact. if you park to close to a car you cant get out properly, your going to hit someones door, fact. if you use two spaces you probably own a porsch or a bmw, fact. all to$$ers

i couldnt care less why they park two bays. its not right you shoudl be fined

·
Registered
269 Posts
Yeah got one in my car happend the day i got it.

Not got mine fited yet?

Do you know what they are doing to fit i.e push/pull the dent out or will they need to fill and respray?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Im really dont know to be honest. As i said its only what looks like a small dent, but is its the corner of the door the hit my car its pushed it in quite a bit. I took photos and in the photo you can see clearly how much its actually spread as you can see where all the reflections and light dont run in a straight line! Its probably no more than 2cm in length but is so visible and really annoys me as when i walk upto the car i can see it from about 10-15meters away!
I would of thought it might be a pull out job but i really dont know, when i find out ill let you know. Should get it back tuesday if the whiper snapper dont bin it on the way there or back!
I was just gonna get grumpy and ignore it as the pain came off easy but i need the dent removed as i have the car on one of those 3year plans, where at the end of the time i either get a new car in replacement (if MG are still around) or i pay off what is owed. So if its not in a good condition theyll just rip me off!

·
Registered
250 Posts
A neighbour with an MGF got a load of dinks and dents pushed out by a bodyshop guy for 70 quid. He did a great job even with a really deep dent in the front wing caused by dustman dropping a bin on the car. Of course the council didn't admit liability.
Just all you F/TF drivers think yourselves lucky you drive a solid British car, not a piece of Jap tat made from tinfoil! At least you've got some resistance to car park dinks. The only option I've got is to park sufficiently far away from the shops that hopefully no clumsy selfish sod with a broodwagon full of brats will park next to me.

·
Registered
30,859 Posts
tonksy i think after teh 3 years they will be fine with dents mind! i reckon mg and all other car companies that do that type of deal know that little accidents happen. i think when they say good condition they mean you havnt done 50million miles ( i think they give you a set amount) and there aint windows etc missing from the car. im pretty sure they will let you off with a few minor dents! i would leave it until the 3 years is up and see if they take it. you never no you might have a few more in a few more months time, so you could get em all popped out at once!

·
Registered
mgf
129 Posts
I think whoever used to own my car dented other cars as all down the edge of my drivers door is chipped paint, not pretty & very careless!

My pet hate is kids who have no respect for other peoples property.

was looking out my bedroom window one day to watch one of the local kids racing his bike down the hill facing my house, my car was parked on the road and he decided to use it as his brake. He flew straight round the corner and right into the front corner of my car :devil:

Found out he was the kid from next door, went and saw the parents and got a mouth full of abuse, what is the world comming to?

They have also taken to stealing every set of dust caps i have put on the car!

Sarah

·
Registered
311 Posts
My ol man parks his jag in two bays but makes my Mum walk the length of tescos car park as he parks it as faraway form other cars as he can :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I used to park my F anywhere - but now she maybe getting a shinny new coat of paint she will only come out on special occasions and will be wrapped in flashing beacons when ever i leave her anywhere :lol:

D

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Was that the parents gave you abuse??? If so thats a joke!
Man if i did that when i was younger and someone comlained to my parents.......bwoy would i have got a tellin off!!!
As for the dust caps.....hmmmm put some razor blades on em lol, thatll teach the tikes to touch em again mwa ha ha ha ha.

·
Registered
mgf
129 Posts
Yep was the parents, at least I know where the kids get it from!

Imagin what they would nick if I left the roof down!!! says something when you are worried what will be knicked from you car while its parked on your own drive!

Sarah

1 - 20 of 61 Posts