MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi has anyone ever bought an MG from INCHCAPE in the past, I am dealing with them at the moment for a MG ZR TROPHY 120 SE and I am getting delay after delay, the latest being that the car is ready but MG are out of the 17 inch alloys and are waiting for a new batch.

If anyone has dealt with them in the past, how was your experience?

·
Registered
941 Posts
MG ZR VIRGIN said:
Hi has anyone ever bought an MG from INCHCAPE in the past, I am dealing with them at the moment for a MG ZR TROPHY 120 SE and I am getting delay after delay, the latest being that the car is ready but MG are out of the 17 inch alloys and are waiting for a new batch.

That sounds like complete cobblers. The car is ready, but there are no wheels - so is it sitting somewhere on its axles? I don't believe that at all, and neither should you.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
MG ZR VIRGIN said:
Yep, I have a long time ago, and haven't since for reasons irrelevant to the question. The delay for parts is hardly their fault is it? They are only the agent. I've typically had to wait 3/4 months for new cars from MGR everytime, parts delasys or otherwise.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know it's not their fault, if what they are saying is true...but I have ordered the car initially through the internet at a discounted rate and get the feeling I am possibly not getting as good a service as a result.

·
Registered
rover_45
11,619 Posts
The alloys are on back order for dealers as well. If there is none at Longbridge to put on cars they just use standard rims while they wait for them to come in. The only option you can do to get your car is to buy some others that are on the options list.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you know how long the delay is expected before they get the new batch of alloys? i've sold my car, so I'am in a bit of a pickle.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
MG ZR VIRGIN said:
I know it's not their fault, if what they are saying is true...but I have ordered the car initially through the internet at a discounted rate and get the feeling I am possibly not getting as good a service as a result.
Eeek! I'd never buy a car on the 'net for that vey reason...

Its too much money/commitment for something that you have no face-to-face dealings with, IMHO.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've only paid a deposit and I have a receipt ect I believe Inchcape are one of the biggest dealerships in the UK although there are none in Manchester where I live. So I am not worried about never getting the car, I am more worried that I am being left at the back of the queue.

G

·
Inchcape used to be the back bone of the Austin-Rover dealer network with about 50+ dealers - now they have 1 the other Kings Lynn closed about a month ago

G

·
Was years (12) ago .... I cancelled the deal and got money back through VISA. I'm sure Inchcape won't cause you any problems like I had. Sorry to worry you!

·
Registered
rover_45
11,619 Posts
I have been told 6 weeks before any would be available. But we just had 2 ZR Trophy's delivered last week and they had the 17's on them but they wear ordered over 2 months ago. When did you place the order for the car.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
MG ZR VIRGIN said:
I am starting to get a little worried...please tell me you at least got the car.
Like I said before, the quoted date is nigh-on meaningless. I have had to wait 3/4 months before now. Truth is that they may not know whats going on themselves (I've been faced with the same scenario twice now).

1 - 20 of 31 Posts