MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the inability to wave coming to an end, I went out for a drive and got about 2/3 F's and TF's wave back. This is something i've never ever seen before, usually only get the odd one, who I think generally waves out of confusion! :confused:
Have the recent MGR events bought the community closer together? :grouphug:

Jonathan

·
Registered
14,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well yeah the weather has been brilliant here, but despite that i've only seen one convertable with the roof off! and that was a banana coloured Fiat! :lol:

Jonathan

G

·
I'm jealous...I've waved more times than the Queen since I got my baby and...nothing. I'm not giving up though...I will continue my quest here in The Land That Time Tried To Forget But Couldn't Quite Manage To....

Maybe people are feeling more like they are a member of an endangered species and its pulling them together...

·
Registered
mg_zt
225 Posts
Ive just about given up waving, feel like a prat when they dont wave back, I wave now out of habit feel daft afterwards, lol,

G

·
I wave when I'm with the OH in his Discovery too....duh!

Do you think it would be OTT to upgrade from just a wave and a smile to a quick flash, wave and smile??? I think if I did this I'd definitely get some response...more than likely it'd be a host of puzzled looks!

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Andie B said:
I wave when I'm with the OH in his Discovery too....duh!

Do you think it would be OTT to upgrade from just a wave and a smile to a quick flash, wave and smile??? I think if I did this I'd definitely get some response...more than likely it'd be a host of puzzled looks!

...flashing was always the done thing in Triumph circles (hence why I still do it), with a wave (or flash) back.

...I assume its considered ok in MG circles :err:

... and before anybody starts moaning about it not being safe to flash other cars etc etc... I don't do it across junctions and stuff... I just wave if the road conditions don't permit a flash.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I do a 'polite hand up' sort of thing, (still habit from biking) as yet nobody in the boundary of Staffordshire has done me the coutesy of waving back! :sad3: I shall persivere, untill some unsuspecting individual thinks they know me and waves back......:banghead:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts