MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Is there an in-line fuel filter on a ZT-T 190 ? I seem to get a problem as if I've stirred up some dirt at the bottom of the fuel tank as every time I fill up, after say 10 - 20 miles , the old girl gives a couple of coughs and is then ok !! Any ideas ? Oh just to say I always wait to fill up until the low fuel warning light comes on ( 45 mile range in my car )

·
Registered
152 Posts
Rushy Racer said:
Is there an in-line fuel filter on a ZT-T 190 ? I seem to get a problem as if I've stirred up some SH** ( sorry dirt ) at the bottom of the fuel tank as every time I fill up, after say 10 - 20 miles , the old girl gives a couple of coughs and is then ok !! Any ideas ? Oh just to say I always wait to fill up until the low fuel warning light comes on ( 45 mile range in my car )
Maybe the fuel pump 'O' ring that unscrews itself ?? Easy to fix yourself - there is a datasheet somewhere (http://forums.xpowerforums.com/showthread.php?t=30340). I didn't have any symptoms before mine failed and it cost me £120 to have fixed !

·
Registered
rover_75
2,962 Posts
When you run you tank low the pump will start sucking up all the crap laying in the bottom of the tank and then it starts blocking the filter,then right through the fuel line to the engine.I read somewhere they recommend you not let the fuel tank get below 1//4 empty before fuelling it up.

·
Registered
616 Posts
The fuel filter is in the left hand side of the fuel tank. It is also this fuel filter module that falls apart sometimes (not the fuel pump) so it is worth extracting when you have time, changing the filter, checking the O Ring, and buying and fitting the security clip that is now available from X Part dealers.
It should take you around an hour including coffee breaks and fixing yourself with Elastoplast.
If you have a look at the site data sheets all the info is there.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, I tried the option suggested by genpk today and so far so good but I think I will need to check the filter in the longer term

1 - 6 of 6 Posts