MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
rover_200_89_95
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I own a 93' Rover 214 GSi and I would like to improve it's braking capabilities, as I notice that I need to step on the brakes a lot sooner and harder than in any other car I've driven and it's probably the only thing I'm dissatisfied with in my car.

I've read online that I could adapt the brakes from a newer model but I'd like to have some confirmation before I jump the gun.

The vented discs have a 64mm centering diameter while my smaller full discs have a 61mm centering diameter, will it fit? And can I buy and fit the newer brake caliper without mods?

Thank you.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
1,772 Posts
if this is the case check the brake vacum servo isnt leaking ,

are the breaks solid when you first press them ? .
does the pedal drop slowly if you keep pressure on the pedal while stopped and pressing reasonably hard ?
are any of the calipers seized ?
the breaks on the R8 i had where great when i had it same as or better than the later 400s i drove .

·
Registered
rover_200_89_95
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if this is the case check the brake vacum servo isnt leaking ,

are the breaks solid when you first press them ? .
does the pedal drop slowly if you keep pressure on the pedal while stopped and pressing reasonably hard ?
are any of the calipers seized ?
the breaks on the R8 i had where great when i had it same as or better than the later 400s i drove .
There are no leaks and the pedal drops as intended.

From what I've seen the Rover cars after 95 have the bigger 359mm discs so they should break a lot better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts