MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what can i do too improve acceleration? ive got a 1.4 103ps 25 and have already got an induction kit, i dont want to spend more then a 100 and i dont want it too drink the fuel! can it b doon?

·
Registered
cityrover
13,055 Posts
yes, ive gone thru this so many times before, why people bother trying to get 5bhp here and 5bhp there i dont kno! Just sell the zr and buy a vi! ull get loads more power for ur money!

·
Registered
25,606 Posts
Simplest and cheapest mod to get better acceleration is to ditch weight. Loose the interior and seats etc.

Ok so it isn't practical but it is free and will actually improve mpg and acceleration too.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
any other ideas people! what adout a second hand 52mm throtle body or can that drink the fuel!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Phil_216sli_Mk3 said:
you could buy a brm for 25 money i reckon
ive only just had it so i aint gonner trade it in or sell it!! i hate people that cum on here and tell you to buy a bigger car or engine,im happy with the car ive got i just want to improve acceleration with the engine!

·
Registered
253 Posts
MG Deano said:
if u want good acceleration and excellent MPG then sell your car and buy a diesel!!!
any changes will have an affect somewhere. to improve accleeration u will undoubtedly also affect fuel consumption.
my thoughts exactly deano :)

·
Registered
25,606 Posts
Well my idea is cheap and works :D

To increase performance you have to use more fuel (unless you redesign the engine!)

Fitting a bigger throttle body may help the midrange a bit. De-catting will also help but isn't stricly legal, and sorting out a decent cold air feed and performance filter should give you the most worthwhile £/BHP gains.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
greeny said:
ive only just had it so i aint gonner trade it in or sell it!! i hate people that cum on here and tell you to buy a bigger car or engine,im happy with the car ive got i just want to improve acceleration with the engine!
You asked the question and swapping for a car with a bigger engine was the answer. You bought a 1.4 so did you buy it for performance (k series generally been more powerful then other 1.4's), to save money on fuel (because the theory is that a smaller engine size gives better fuel savings) or was it due to insurance costs been stupid, just stupid?

You cant increase performance without sucking more fuel for cheap, if you could then the manafacturer would have done it for you.

Trading you car in for a BRM or a VI is a cheap option, you may find money in your pocket.

Diesels have a better fuel saving.

modding a 1.4 will increase your insurance anyway.

Dont hate people because you dont like the answer to your question, save your 100 quid, earn some more money and then you will be able to cover the cost of proper mods and the extra fuel that will be consumed.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
santa20 said:
You asked the question and swapping for a car with a bigger engine was the answer. You bought a 1.4 so did you buy it for performance (k series generally been more powerful then other 1.4's), to save money on fuel (because the theory is that a smaller engine size gives better fuel savings) or was it due to insurance costs been stupid, just stupid?

You cant increase performance without sucking more fuel for cheap, if you could then the manafacturer would have done it for you.

Trading you car in for a BRM or a VI is a cheap option, you may find money in your pocket.

Diesels have a better fuel saving.

modding a 1.4 will increase your insurance anyway.

Dont hate people because you dont like the answer to your question, save your 100 quid, earn some more money and then you will be able to cover the cost of proper mods and the extra fuel that will be consumed.
yea i have bin stupid! got done for drink driven when i took you missus back home that night she was late back from work! he he he
only jokin dudley boy!

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
The old bloke with the beard, this is because I wouldnt let you out of the busy junction isnt it!

Well I'm sorry, I didn't want to be stuck behind your slow lard ****, and if you are used to milk floats then the 1.4 should be to fast for you anyway.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts