MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, first post (there'll be a couple).

I'm in the market for a new F, two years after I sold my last one, a fairly battered N-reg. Having seen about five over the weekend, I've been offered a Hong Kong import. Anyone have any general thoughts on the wisdom of buying an import? Interestingly, to insure an imported VVC on Admiral is £50 cheaper than non-imported... any ideas why?

Cheers... if anyone's interested in following the saga, please see my post on lowered suspension too.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Its ironic really as a Jap import MGF has just come on Ebay......anyways, my dad has three Jap imports 2 X Toyota Cleicas and a Maxda MX3, he loves them, they are very clean, no rust because they dont use road salt in Japland, however they are hard to sorce some parts for (dont know if this is the case here or not), loose value even quicker than our UK market cars and can be harder to sell on. Just to note his Insurance company insisted on Thatcham immobilisers being fitted before they would insure them.....Jap do have slightly different spec than our cars.

Hope i have been some help....Oh and Welcome!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers... I think HK cars are basically UK spec, but haven't been able to confirm that anywhere yet. The alarm point is interesting and could be an insurance issue.

Do you have a link for the one on eBay? I'm a bit snowblind from a week of looking at every F on there...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts