MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all how do i disable the immobilser on my daughters rover 100 1.4 gsi..............(m reg) at the moment she unlocks the car with the fob and trys to start the car nothing happens, but all the ignition lights come on just wont turn over is there any pins to bridge out on the ecu or the alarm unit ? we just need it turning off all together..hope some one can help..

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Does the fob work? Is the red led flashing when you try and start it, if its the alarm immoberliser still on it will set the alarm off,
Check all the fuses, it may be something else?
has the car been standing for a while?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes the car has been stood for 12 months, the fob does work but i had to put a battery on the car and it did start. now the car is in my garage and if i press the fob the car unlocks ok then i put the key in ignition to start up and the horn blows and car wont start.

·
Registered
rover_45
11,619 Posts
Sounds to me the fob could have lost synch with immobliser unit. The snag is it is unlcoking the door but not unlocking the immboliser. There is no way round the 100 one. There is no way to input a KAC or any pins to bridge etc. So my suggestion is. Lock the car with the key and keep pressing unlock till the car opens. Do it close to the drivers door. I'm not saying it will do anything at all but it's worth a short. The other thing could be the engine ECU has forgot the code from the immobliser unit and these codes need to match for the ecu to release the starter etc. But early ones wear known to give the ghost up I am afriad.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
there are plenty of r100 in scrapyards now, get a matching ecu, alarmbox and fob from one and it should sort your problems out.

PS if you dont know where the alarmbox is, its above the glovebox, which needs removing to gain access

1 - 5 of 5 Posts