MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, first I want to introduce myself
I'm from Mexico I own an mg midget an a mg tf 2004 anniversary, I love the car it has low millage but I suffer a lot with the immobilizer issue, I know there's a lot of post there about this topic but most of the solutions are very dificult in my country (we don't have spare parts from rover/mg either specialized workshops or anything, basically nobody knows even the mg brand) so I have this issue with the fob my car doesn't start or stars and turn off the alamr light in the dashboard blinks and beeps and it's imposible to deactivate the immobilizer, so I have to change the ecu the module and the fob (very expensive solution) but works, the guy who do this saids that it's imposible to program my own ecu and fob cause we don't have te right scanner to do it, it works perfectly but sometimes it's difficult to deactivate a I have to open the fob move the batteries press the buttons with the fob opened ando works until last week, I change the fob battery try to reset with the instructions in the older posts but nothing works (I have the rounded fob with two buttons lock/unlock) I don't have de EKA code thats the reason I didn't try this solutions, and I read about disable the immobilizer (I love that) maybe I could send my ecu from here to england in order to do it, please help me I really enjoy my car but now it's a big red paperweight outside my house. From now thanks a lot hope to find a solution!

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Another option, if you can get the alarm system (Pektron unit) disarmed is to purchase a Pscan unit ( https://pscan.uk/ ) which can enable you to recode new fobs to the alarm unit, but as mentioned the alarm has to be disarmed for it to be able to code. I've coded a few Chinese copies of fobs (can be purchased from ebay and aliexpress usually) which cost very little to my own TF's with the Pektron alarm system without problem. Your only real other option is as Rovelike suggests above.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Have you tried anyone who can get you the EKA code if you supply them with your VIN this is done via email.
I had the same issue many years back and did the same thing, I think it’s about £20 so a really cheap option and one I would try before sending anything to the U.K.
Google MG Rover codes 👍

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys I'll get in contact with technozen, my immobilizer it's armed so y have to get the eka code or do the solutions in technozen website (change relays or send de scu)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi guys I'd try to contact Technozen by email and phone but haven't success dis any one now if I could reach him thru PM in this forum? Please let me know thanks!

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I have the same issue regarding lack of knowledge et al here in Switzerland but not quite as bad as in Mexico. As an aside, you can get most spare parts from Rimmers - Rimmer Bros British Automotive Parts and Accessories.

The complex part of the car is the engine but if you have a Land Rover dealer close by, many earlier model Land Rovers had the 'K' series engine (same as MGF) fitted. If you live around Mexico City, there are quite a few Land Rover dealers.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Did you try and get your EKA code?
This is by far the easiest and cheapest thing to try, I had a similar issue a few years back, emailed my chassis number over by email and 30 minutes later my immobiliser was disarmed after entering the code via the drivers door handle.
Cost about £15-20

1 - 9 of 9 Posts