MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a problem with the one and only key fob for my mg tf, had to take it apart to fix it.

Is there a go to guy on here to sort out a couple of new fobs and program them to the immobiliser?

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Depends where you live if looking for local, and what type of fob, lucas (rectangular) or Pektron (oval) as there is a big difference in the alarm systems and not many keep spare pektron fobs available if they don't recode alarms as a business. Your other option is to look at this site...highly recommended by many on this forum Technozen Electronics - Home Of Pektron SCU Repair

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Depends where you live if looking for local, and what type of fob, lucas (rectangular) or Pektron (oval) as there is a big difference in the alarm systems and not many keep spare pektron fobs available if they don't recode alarms as a business. Your other option is to look at this site...highly recommended by many on this forum Technozen Electronics - Home Of Pektron SCU Repair
Hi Dert, it's oval so it must be pektron but the car is a 2002?

·
In the Garage
MG TF
33,182 Posts
As it is 2002 the fob should be Lucas. However it is possible that a new loom and electrical systems have been put into the car for some reason, I have seen this before.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I've a 1996 F which has an oval fob, appeared some nissans used a lucas alarm system the lucas fob looks like this

1622413234720.png

The Pektron is this type

1622413352270.png

·
In the Garage
MG TF
33,182 Posts
Yes it is the Lucas one, you may find a local locksmith with the correct equipment to program the new fob or search online for MG or Rover fobs.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
@ CaroleJ, Julian mentions using Pscan to program fobs which with the lucas ones is a very easy thing to do. There are some members on this forum who will/may happily program a fob for free, or if they have a spare fob, for the cost of the fob, this is why I mentioned your location as you may be near members who could/would do this. Lucas fobs are easily purchased on ebay, sometimes for under £10 posted, if you go this route just don't purchase a 3TXa as these fobs only work on the early 1995/6 and early 1997 F's. Your other route is as Chris T mentions above.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Or by Pscan. I used it recently to program 2 new Lucas fobs (I now have the max 4 fobs programmed to my F). Very easy to do.
@ CaroleJ, Julian mentions using Pscan to program fobs which with the lucas ones is a very easy thing to do. There are some members on this forum who will/may happily program a fob for free, or if they have a spare fob, for the cost of the fob, this is why I mentioned your location as you may be near members who could/would do this. Lucas fobs are easily purchased on ebay, sometimes for under £10 posted, if you go this route just don't purchase a 3TXa as these fobs only work on the early 1995/6 and early 1997 F's. Your other route is as Chris T mentions above.
Thank you guy's I'm in Boston if anyone local can help but not picking the car up until tomorrow could do with a couple of spar fabs too.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Depends where you live if looking for local, and what type of fob, lucas (rectangular) or Pektron (oval) as there is a big difference in the alarm systems and not many keep spare pektron fobs available if they don't recode alarms as a business. Your other option is to look at this site...highly recommended by many on this forum Technozen Electronics - Home Of Pektron SCU
Depends where you live if looking for local, and what type of fob, lucas (rectangular) or Pektron (oval) as there is a big difference in the alarm systems and not many keep spare pektron fobs available if they don't recode alarms as a business. Your other option is to look at this site...highly recommended by many on this forum Technozen Electronics - Home Of Pektron
Technozen sorted my Lucas fobs for me last year, turned around in a few days and all working as it should.
I am miles away in Liverpool but a few £ postage had me sorted and had my F back on the road 👍👍👍

·
Registered
mgf
30 Posts
Another vote for Technozen. Posted the 5as unit and 2 Lucas key fobs for programming and all back in a few days. Got the replacment fob from ebay.

·
Registered
MG TF
500 Posts
I'm in Barnsley South Yorkshire and can sort out a fob if you are ever over this way.

Sent from my M2002J9G using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts