MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
mg_tf
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had the battery disconnected from my 1.6 tf for over the winter, and went to start it yesterday. Reconnected, and when I try to start I get all the ignition lights no problems, but also the 2 tone immobiliser beeps from the centre console, and the alarm light in the dash stays on. I've had this before, but it normally clears after a little while, and the car starts no problem. However this time I've left it overnight, and it's still the same. Am I missing something? It's a 1.6, it didnt have central locking, but now does as the locking is connected to a Clifford g5 alarm that was on it when I bought it. The immobiliser fobs dont actually have pushable buttons on them, they have just always worked as fobs in the vicinity of the receiver to switch off the immobiliser.
I've got 2 keys, 2 fobs, and have tried them all. I've changed the batteries in the fobs and still nothing.
Is it possible the immobiliser have forgotten the fobs as the battery has been off for so long?
I know theres alot of clever peeps on here, so any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
In the Garage
MG TF
32,849 Posts
What age is the car as the system changed for the 2004 model year?

Nevertheless it does sound very much like the fob has lost synchronisation with the car, normally I would suggest going through the fob battery change procedure listed in the cars user manual however I am not sure who that works with car without factory central locking.

·
Registered
mg_tf
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What age is the car as the system changed for the 2004 model year?

Nevertheless it does sound very much like the fob has lost synchronisation with the car, normally I would suggest going through the fob battery change procedure listed in the cars user manual however I am not sure who that works with car without factory central locking.
It's an 03 reg.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts