MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
mg_zr
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just spent the best part of the holiday detailing my TF and I'm exhausted!

Friday I did the big wash, clay and PC with megs 80. Started at about 8am and finished about 2pm followed by the proverbial big fry up.

Saturday, did the 1st coat of NXT wax and general cleaning of trim etc. Took about 3hours followed by another fry up :minxy:

Yesterday another coat of NXT and settled for a toasted egg and bacon as a treat.

Today, finished off with a coat of megs #16 which almost killed my arms off, done the wheels and interior and after about 3 hours or so I was done and went for a whizz round the block to the cafe :minxy:

Car looks amazing but I'm to knackered to do the picy thing and...

Next time I'm letting someone else do it!

So, what do you reckon someone would charge to do this lot? Its got to be worth it whatever it is as I feel like I've been dragged through a hedge, completely knackered!

·
Registered
rover_200_coupe
694 Posts
Your only knackered because of the amount of lard you have consumed lol

But you know its worth it in the end.. I'm a sucker for looking at a shiny car... shows you care!

Sean

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Come on then, where's the pics? :_poke:

As Andburg said, pros will be charging around £200-250. Ive seen companies around by me offering a full valet from about £90 but i'm not sure what that includes.

Wish I could get a fry up after everytime I washed mine. i'd probably be the size of a house though by now! :lol:

Rich.

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
Well, you've done your annual spring clean. All you need to do now to keep it looking good is the wash, leather and rewax to keep it tidy until the next biggie.

Mind you, I'm one of these guys who washes his car once every three years - whether it needs it or not - so I'm probably not the best person to be listening to... :)

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Well, you've done your annual spring clean. All you need to do now to keep it looking good is the wash, leather and rewax to keep it tidy until the next biggie.
I'd agree with that, apart from one thing...

Please don't use a chamois leather!!! Pat dry with a drying towel. This will prevent swirls caused by stray grit particles left behind after the wash.

Another tip is to take the end off the hose when rinsing, then watch the water just sheet off, and practically dry itself.:)

Rich.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts