MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
mgf
298 Posts
They are nice, relatively cheap compared with the quad lights and I guess are a straight forward procedure to fit. I like them myself a lot but I dont think they will fit with any color. They would look magnificent if they are fitted on a silver MG but would look rather awfull if they are fitted on other colors like the one in the pic. On the other hand, if the color is black I would go for the lexus black ones like those fitted on MG Deano's car. At the end everything results in matter of contrasts and opinions. Personally I think that the standard ones do LOOK much better with some colors, but as I said its just a matter of taste.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Noooooooooooooooooo Dont do it!!!:_poke:

Everyone has those on at the moment!!

Why would you want your car to mimic a lexus?:sick2:

However i do like the black ones

·
Registered
255 Posts
I suppose its personnel preference, but i dont like lexus lights on certain colours...they look ok on the darker colours in my oppinion, but not on the brighter ones....just thought you'd all like to know that!!! Not....:minxy: saying that, i wouldnt put them on my baby.

·
Registered
mg_zt
225 Posts
Ive got some look rather cool IMHO, saw a black TF with the same lights in Doncaster on friday, They really do stand out, I had to put my shades on! lol

·
Registered
42,093 Posts
stu, first thing, they are extremely easy to fit. the hardest thing is fiddling about swapping the bulbs over to the correct slots....nothing taxing though. absolutely anybody sold be capable of doing the job.

the ahrdest question to answer is which suit the car best. u have seen my rear many times!!!!! the smoked black look perfect on a black tf. the chrome ones only really suit the silver tf. for XPG i think i would buy the unsmoked black lights instead of chrome.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
793 Posts
SOrry went a bit wild with my last post!

If you like them then buy them after all its your car... whatever makes you happy:D

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
MG Deano said:
stu, first thing, they are extremely easy to fit. the hardest thing is fiddling about swapping the bulbs over to the correct slots....nothing taxing though. absolutely anybody sold be capable of doing the job.

the ahrdest question to answer is which suit the car best. u have seen my rear many times!!!!! the smoked black look perfect on a black tf. the chrome ones only really suit the silver tf. for XPG i think i would buy the unsmoked black lights instead of chrome.

....only problem is matey SWMBO, has a thing for chrome ! .. also not seen the unsmoked black lights ?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
iv'e got black lexus on my mgf red it looks lovely and turns heads even more now they are lovely but i advise noody else buy them as im the only car in south wales with them at the mo :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
:twak2: i'm afraid i've strayed from my rover now after getting my audi i'm after clear lights for that as its an l reg it will make it look a bit more modern. if anyone is around the tamworth area and knows anything about the audi warning system and can help me tell it that the warning that its displaying is a false one then please get in touch. ([email protected])

:male: so fecae2000 your the only gay in that village for a wile. :male:

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
fecae2000 said:
iv'e got black lexus on my mgf red it looks lovely and turns heads even more now they are lovely but i advise noody else buy them as im the only car in south wales with them at the mo :D

...somebody want to point in a general direction of a picture ?

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well completly ignoring pretty much everybodys advice..... ordered the chrome lexus lights from B&G today :D

ps....they better be easy to fit Deano !

·
Registered
mg_tf
436 Posts
good on you stu, ive had them on my silver tf since december, they look the dogs d's. will sort you out with some pics if you want, i think they will well cool on an xpower tf

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
they are very esasy to fit m8t three 8mm or 10mm bolts cant remember wich and walla make sure you change the bulbs over correctly and wd40 the connectors before fitting just makes sure they are nice and clean :D

·
Registered
42,093 Posts
ps....they better be easy to fit Deano !

honestly, they are extremely easy to fit. IIRC there is 3 bolts attaching the assembly. the wire block is a simple unclip and connect for new set so unclip the wire block, remove the bolts and take out whole unit. this gives u an opportunity to clean around teh body which is normally partially hidden and give it a clean. there is a foam sealer around the new unit, make sure this is making a sound seal around the body work so no water can creep in and tighten up the bolts again.

now the hardest part. swap the bulbs over!! we did it one bulb at a time to make sure we ahd the correct area done. u do need 2 people, one to put foot on brake and the other to check, etc etc.
repeat on other side and then your done.... get some water and run it down the boot sides to make sure the water doesnt leak in. then drive off and pose.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Wahay.... fitted in under 40mins (was very easy) on my own. :rocker:

(ps... how did I check they work I hear you think.... easy... got an old mirror out of the garage ;) )

1 - 20 of 26 Posts