MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
rover_400_95_99
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm Trying To Organise A Rolling Road Day!!

Hi to all interested people,

I have been talking to Noble Motorsport in Chesterfield, about a MG-Rover.org rolling road group session on Saturday 23rd June for between 12 and 20 cars.

For those interested the price would be £40 per car which is a saving of £16.70 on the cost per run when booked individually.

I would require the money upfront a minimum of 2 weeks before the event as this is how they work to confirm our booking and secure the price of £40 per run.

This is a link to Noble's website for those requireing any more info.

http://www.noblemotorsport.co.uk/

Please feel free to ask any questions either through this thread or PM me if your interested in booking a place.

At the moment i've only posted it here on the diesel forum but dependent on the interest i will possible open it up to petrol .Org members aswell.

Cheers Mark.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Hi to all interested people,

I have been talking to Noble Motorsport in Chesterfield, about a MG-Rover.org rolling road group session on Saturday 23rd June for between 12 and 20 cars.

For those interested the price would be £40 per car which is a saving of £16.70 on the cost per run when booked individually.

I would require the money upfront a minimum of 2 weeks before the event as this is how they work to confirm our booking and secure the price of £40 per run.

This is a link to Noble's website for those requireing any more info.

http://www.noblemotorsport.co.uk/

Please feel free to ask any questions either through this thread or PM me if your interested in booking a place.

At the moment i've only posted it here on the diesel forum but dependent on the interest i will possible open it up to petrol .Org members aswell.

Cheers Mark.

When you say £40 per run do you actually mean per run because i want to do 2 runs back to back (one with tu1 on full and one at recommended settings).

·
Registered
rover_400_95_99
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When you say £40 per run do you actually mean per run because i want to do 2 runs back to back (one with tu1 on full and one at recommended settings).
@Kamal,
it is the same i'm afraid £40 per run regardless of if you do 1 or 2 runs as the price per run is less than what they would charge you if you booked two runs privatly on the rolling road yourself.

i defo in, where is it based? i hope its not too far as ive got a wedding to attend on the friday:beer2:
@Scott,
About an 1 hour 15min away from you up in chesterfield mate see the link to there web site to get the exact address http://www.noblemotorsport.co.uk/ look forward to seeing you there if you decide to still come.

id love to go but it depends on wether wingy will have a rear box for the saloon in time
@Mark,
Don't know what Dave's plans are for building a sallon back box but anyway you've got till the 9th of June to confirm a place if you want to come.

Cheers Mark.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Mark, I'm really interested in going mate but i won't say a definite yes just yet as i want to make sure everything is working just right before i stick it on the rollers. Main thing is whether or not my tuning box will play nicely with the Wingy Injectors when they're in. If not then it'll have to be the remap route. Can't really see there being a problem but don't want to say yes then let you down at the last minute mate.

Will update when i know more.

Cheers,

Phil.

·
Registered
15,938 Posts
£40 is still quite expensive for a RR power run.

The effers have a day organised at £25 per run, have you thought about speaking to top gear in scawthorpe??

·
Registered
rover_400_95_99
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
£40 is still quite expensive for a RR power run.

The effers have a day organised at £25 per run, have you thought about speaking to top gear in scawthorpe??
My simple response to that is you pay for what you get!

The reason i've trying to organise it here is because i've never heard anybody argue with the results that produced/achieved of this Rolling Road.
Wouldn't go there (Top Gear) if you paid me the £25! not heard very good reports just like chipped uk.

£15 extra for a run on one of the most reputable rolling roads in the country i think is quite reasoanable. but the choice is your at the end of the day.

Final Note that if i can get the full 20 places filled everyone will get a further £2 Reduction which if thats the case then i can refund everyone on the day.
I'm not trying to make any money from this event i will be paying £40 for my run the same as everyone else. just thought it would be nice for some of us to meet up and participate in some friendly competition and get accurate figures and a true idea of how your car is proforming.

Cheers, Mark.

·
Registered
rover_400_95_99
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi to all,

just a quick update

Spoke to Mike at Noble Motorsport this morning and organised with him So anybody wanting to attend the the Rolling road Session on Saturday 23rd June can now pay them the £40 directly via card if that suits them better so that then i'm not holding anybodies money and shows that i'm not trying to rip anybody off with the organising/running of this event.

Simply give them a call on 01246272749 and explain that your wanting to attend the MG-Rover.org RR session on the 23rd June give them your details including you forum user name and thats your placed confirmed and booked we need a minimum of 10-12 cars for them to hold the event based on the £40 per run. Depending on response to this by the end of this week if there still places to be filled then i will open it to the petrolheads and see if theres any takers

Any questions/queries PM me or put up a Post

Cheers again. Mark.

·
Registered
rover_400_95_99
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Since there is a list of names developing here http://forums.mg-rover.org/showthread.php?t=195296
for the Event that Andy25 has organised for the day after the one i was trying to organise!

Good timing mate or what??!! mine was even posted in the events calendar and everything unlike this one since i've been trying to plan this for over a month now!

Well i think i'll stick to doing my own things rather than trying to organise things to benifit others, lesson to be learnt... Thanks to the people who did show some interest.

On That Note,

Guess i best cancel the event i was trying to organise for the fact that its more likely that people will attend this event organised on Sunday the 24th at Well Lane turbo centre across in Batley for a cost of £30, £10 cheaper than Noble in Chesterfield for a run on a half decent rolling road.

I will still be going to Noble for my RR sessions as thats where my previous runs have been so to keep some kind of datum point with the figures i have already acheived it makes sense to stick with them especially as they are noted to be one of the best in the area, cost isn't everything!

Sorry, Mark.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Since there is a list of names developing here http://forums.mg-rover.org/showthread.php?t=195296
for the Event that Andy25 has organised for the day after the one i was trying to organise!

Good timing mate or what??!! mine was even posted in the events calendar and everything unlike this one since i've been trying to plan this for over a month now!

Well i think i'll stick to doing my own things rather than trying to organise things to benifit others, lesson to be learnt... Thanks to the people who did show some interest.

On That Note,

Guess i best cancel the event i was trying to organise for the fact that its more likely that people will attend this event organised on Sunday the 24th at Well Lane turbo centre across in Batley for a cost of £30, £10 cheaper than Noble in Chesterfield for a run on a half decent rolling road.

I will still be going to Noble for my RR sessions as thats where my previous runs have been so to keep some kind of datum point with the figures i have already acheived it makes sense to stick with them especially as they are noted to be one of the best in the area, cost isn't everything!

Sorry, Mark.
sorry you had to cancel yours mate. id loved to have come but 6hour round trip was a bit to far for me. i hate it when some ******* nicks some one esles good idea. maybe next time as i am inerested in finding out what mine can do.

mark

1 - 15 of 15 Posts