MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just narrowed my new exhaust choice down to either the Miltek or the Daytona and now I'm hearing lots about this TT exhaust!! Can anyone tell me a little bit more about it?

Cheers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh, sorry being a bit slow today! What are the BlueFlame exhausts like any good performance wize? sound?

·
Registered
27,269 Posts
Whilst on the subject again of exhausts, does anyone know what the single tail pipe diameters are on the Daytona, compared to the diameter of the standard pipes? Not sure about going with the ovals nor quads cos I don't wanna risk a chance of chaving things up too much.
On a bright yellow car? :dddc:

The single ones are the same size as the standard pipes, which gives it a nice stealth look with unexpected noise :)

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I've followed a (de-catted) F with a Blueflame on numerous occasions, and to be honest I just don't think it's loud enough. I've got a Daytona on mine, pictured below with the 3" round finishers (the middle one in your pic).

Really noisy but understated finishers :) Regarding the TT, sounds fanstastic (probably the loudest out there), but as Curgy says, rare as hen's teeth I'm afraid.

·
In the Garage
MG TF
33,113 Posts
That looks like it's OEM, if there is no valve then that could be if it was taken from an 04 car when the valve was dropped.

·
In the Garage
MG TF
33,113 Posts
Well that's intresting I have looked the price up and

1.8 MG TF Petrol - VVC WCG000550 £321.59 £377.87
1.8 MG TF Petrol - exc: VVC WCG000460 £178.85 £210.15

Edit: Just looked it up on the EPC and it looks like the 160 back box is not the same as the others, you live and learn. That begs the question of what is the difference?

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Interesting.... I have noticed that since Bob was repaired and a new exhaust fitted after the accident, the car seems to be more throaty. I am guessing that this is due to having an exhaust with no miles on it as oposed to the other one which had about 60k on it?

·
Registered
729 Posts
I have a TT on my F and its fantastic. I've heard louder exhausts but nothing I prefer.

Only problem its its very noisy and drones on motorways, even so I wouldn't consider selling it.

TT's do come up for sale from time to time.

·
Registered
214 Posts
My Daytona has been on the car for over 8 years. No problems. It's a very nice system, not too noisy whilst you're pottering around, but screams like a banshee when you floor it.

I always found the Milltek too raspy, and the TT just too damned loud! :yikes:

They all drone to some degree on the motorway.

... and the only option is Quads! But they don't do the original slash-cut finishers any more :( I'll let you off if you go for the singles though. ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts