MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
mgf
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well,

I would like to say thankyou to all the people that have helped on the many occasions i have needed help over the last few months.

I purchased an MGF back in November of last year. It was one of my dream cars, one of those cars you saw on the road and thought WOW.

Well thanks to my utter stupidity and bad timing I was clocked at 147kmh in 100kmh zone. To all that know Australian road safety laws that is a 12 month suspension on my licence.

Before anyone comes out with "your a menace on the road" and "how irresponsible do you have to be" I would like to say in my defence that I know i was stupid but everyone gives there car a good foot plant every now and again. I do regret it and shall learn (the hard way) how to be a better driver.

Im going to miss the thrills, excitement and smile you get when you jump into an MG.

Thanks for the fun times and knowledge that this tight knit community of MG lovers have, your a nessesity to the MG family.

Shaddsi

·
Registered
47,841 Posts
jeez, thats a bit harsh :bigeyes:. Why don't you take the 12 months to strip and rebuild the F ??. Hope it all works out.

·
Registered
mgf
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jeez, thats a bit harsh :bigeyes:. Why don't you take the 12 months to strip and rebuild the F ??. Hope it all works out.

Pete,

I wish i could. The F (named Morris mind you, original ey?) was partly the reason i got the suspension... Its a shame i know but its the only way i will stop myself from doing these things... you get to any excessive speed and the F goes "more more more"

Its a bad influence, might have to get a hyundai or something when im done, that way i cant exceed the 100km limit here lol

·
Registered
7,688 Posts
Just learn from it and excercise a little restraint. I'm toating six points as it is thanks to the rev happy K series...which has really buggered my insurance I can tell you, but mine are only SP30's from evil "saftey" camera vans parked in the middle of nowhere. You live and learn. Hence why I got into detailing. Now I'd rather take my time driving about so people can see how damn shiny my car is :)

·
Registered
359 Posts
yep, six points for me too :( makes you think you shouldn't have a heavy right foot so much.

but 12 month ban sucks.

on the plus side, think of the savings on petrol ;)

·
Registered
mgf
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yep, six points for me too :( makes you think you shouldn't have a heavy right foot so much.

but 12 month ban sucks.

on the plus side, think of the savings on petrol ;)
Got 8 points as well fixed for 3 years.... and $450 fine :(

·
Registered
977 Posts
Could have been any of us, i'm sure we've all got to a stupid speed without even realising it before, or we have realised but were just having too much fun to stop.

Luck of the draw, you were just unlucky this time.

A real shame for you, sorry to hear about it.

·
Registered
12,799 Posts
Ouahh, sorry to hear that Shaddsi :(

Any chance to keep the F (signed off, parked on a private ground) to save the money ?

·
Registered
417 Posts
shaddsi.. can see where you're coming from, i only have an Mpi and when warn just gags to be revved!

If you're getting MGFs over there though on the plus side all i can say is if they are importing TVRs get a chimera or a loan and a SAGARIS! Been looking for the last few days and I'm in love! ;o)

Right... Now I just have to get myself banned to save the money......!!! :happy:

·
Registered
14,789 Posts
Sorry to hear the bad news Shaddsi, shame you have to sell the F. :(

..if they are importing TVRs get a chimera or a loan and a SAGARIS! Been looking for the last few days and I'm in love! ;o)
I think we'd all get banned in a week if we had one of those! :lol: :bandit:

·
Registered
mgf
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well i have an update.

I rang the civic compliance folk in the city in regards to my fine, I have a right to contest it in court to either reduce or remove the suspension on my licence.

As i have excuses for keeping my licence, i have a high chance of the suspension being reduced. The main excuse being that i work for a big IT company. They do work for the government in which i am 24hours on call for and get called out to do work at all hours. Because of the nature of work, it has to be done at work not at home (all hush hush confidential stuff)

Because this requires me to go to work at times where public transport is unavailable, i might be able to get an exemption.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts