MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm back, new computer is online, and there are hundreds of posts I haven't read. What did I miss?

You may remember my Head Gasket failed, think I know the reason now!

1.For about a year now (before and after failure) I have been taking my car back to the dealer every 6 weeks or so, complaining about the fact that I am bloody certain I have a coolant leak. Every time they have it for a day, pressure test it, and tell me nothing is wrong.

2. You probably won't remember, a year or more ago I posted whinging about my heater. If you have it on hot, and turn it down to cold, it stays hot. the only way to get it to cool down is put it on MAX (4), sweat your ass off, and it (might) eventually go cool, not cold! Again, took it to the dealer nothing wrong!

Anyway, took it to the dealer Saturday morning this time, and got another technician, not the specific 'F' techinican they normally use. He didn't to a pressure test but put it on the ramps and took the bottom guards off. He spotted a leak! Hurrah!

Took it in this week, got a new valve fitted to the heater matrix, and as far as I can tell, no leaking!

BUT ALSO! My heater now works perfectly! Switch from hot to cold, and it will go COLD almost immediately, even on fan setting 2.

Well chuffed, but also a bit miffed it wasn't sorted before, could have saved me a gasket I reckon.

Also.... 2005 HCHDC Calendar, what's the score? I can't find the thread that was started with the month allocations and whatnot, someone find it and bump it please :bgrin2:

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
2. You probably won't remember, a year or more ago I posted whinging about my heater. If you have it on hot, and turn it down to cold, it stays hot. the only way to get it to cool down is put it on MAX (4), sweat your ass off, and it (might) eventually go cool, not cold! Again, took it to the dealer nothing wrong!
Interesting. Mine does something similar, in fact the opposite of yours. Cold air is not a promlem but to get hot air you have to turn the dial all the way round, and even then its not exactly hot (real pain in the @rse when I drive with the hood down this time of year). My dial actually turns past the point where it should stop, almost all the way round to cold agian :lol:
The vent direction dial is the same :eyes:

PS. Plans for the HCHDC calender have not progressed any further since you left.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts