MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all.
Sure you have all noticed my absence over the last couple of weeks.
I have been working in sleepy Suffolk but have managed to escape for a day to hopefully pick up my new TF, which has been sat at the dealers for the last 2 weeks :(
Only fly in the ointment is that I am waiting for my cover note to arrive in the post, as my insurer refused to fax it as 'its now against DVLA policy' to do this :cus:
So if you could all collectively cross your fingers they it should arrive and I can go get my new baby.
The new TF also worked out £!60 cheaper to insure than my old one, even though I have told them I will be transferring the mods over, which was nice :)
I off back to Suffolk tonight for 2-3 weeks so it looks like I will be running the new car in on the way to Highlander :err: something I was trying to avoid.

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
Good to hear from you again, even if only briefly. I ran my TF in on the way to last years Highlander, starting off with 200 miles on clock. Started to improve by Newcastle on the way back afterwards.

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Scarlet Fever said:
Hi Steve, good to see you are still with us mate. Where abouts are you stationed in Suffolk? Not too far from me, maybe we can get together for a natter?
I am working at Sizewell, and stopping in a place called Westleton (nearest town is about 20 miles away :bigeyes: )
Its still a good distance from you Andy, but I would still be willing to meet up for a chat if you wanted. Just give me a bell on my mobile after 7PM mate and we'll see if we can arrange something.

I saw the post van go up the road so drove down there and apprehended the postie, but he didn't have any post for me :cus:
Then spent a hour on the phone to my insurance explaining the situation and I think I have finally managed to get them to fax a copy of the cover note to the garage.

Edit: Garage just rang, they have the fax, so will be back in a hour or 2 with pics :bgrin2: :bgrin2: :bgrin2: :bgrin2:

·
Registered
mgf
5,476 Posts
Blimey, Sizewell is a fair distance - handy for Newton Commercial though, they are based in Leiston, which is right on top of where you are!

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse....uicksearch=Leiston&addr3=&scale=100000&addr1=

And an exact location for them:

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse....lic&addr2=&quicksearch=IP16+4LL&addr3=&addr1=

Newton Commercial,
Eastlands Industrial Estate,
Leiston,
Suffolk
IP16 4LL

Tel: 01728 832880
Fax: 01728 832881

I've had a factory tour here, and it is pretty impressive (they are quite a big company). :D

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Made it back at last. Spent 3 hours waiting for the money to clear :eyes:
Will be going for a spin in a bit so will take a few snaps while i'm out.
Then I have to tuck it up in the garage for another 2 weeks till I'm back home again :sad3:

·
Registered
47,841 Posts
SHARKYMGF said:
Made it back at last. Spent 3 hours waiting for the money to clear :eyes:
Will be going for a spin in a bit so will take a few snaps while i'm out.
Then I have to tuck it up in the garage for another 2 weeks till I'm back home again :sad3:
a one day spin and then nothing for 2 weeks, man I'd go nuts !!!!. Why can't you drive it to Sizewell ???

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
petevick said:
a one day spin and then nothing for 2 weeks, man I'd go nuts !!!!. Why can't you drive it to Sizewell ???
Not much point when I have to use of a brand new Ford Focus hire car + fuel for free ;)
And I'm less concerned about leaving the Focus outside the hotel every night. If I was in the TF I would never get any sleep as I would be checking it was OK every few seconds.

·
Registered
47,841 Posts
SHARKYMGF said:
Not much point when I have to use of a brand new Ford Focus hire car + fuel for free ;)
And I'm less concerned about leaving the Focus outside the hotel every night. If I was in the TF I would never get any sleep as I would be checking it was OK every few seconds.
yep, all good points, but still....

and Stuart, be afraid, be very afraid :err::err::err:

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just nipped out and took some pics before it got dark, but someone seems to have nicked to 'manage attachments' function so I can't upload them and show them you :eyes:
Looks like you will all have to wait a few weeks :O

1 - 20 of 48 Posts