MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
mg_tf
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Simple question. How many Ignition Blue TF's are there on here? Paint code JGY. :)

·
Registered
mg_tf
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey, just had a look under my bonnet think this is the code (ignition blue) = e11*93/81*0017 , Paint: JGY, :)
JGY is ignition blue. Ive not seen any about. I saw one on auto trader a few months back. Just trying to gauge how rare this colour is on tf's.

·
Registered
391 Posts
when i bought my car i actually thought it was trophie blue at 1st but when i pulled along side 1 u could tell. i didnt know that the colour was rare. it stood out from the other tf's in the showroom where i was at. as there where dark blue and green but only the 1.6. that he was trying to sell me

·
Registered
2 Posts
when i bought my car i actually thought it was trophie blue at 1st but when i pulled along side 1 u could tell. i didnt know that the colour was rare. it stood out from the other tf's in the showroom where i was at. as there where dark blue and green but only the 1.6. that he was trying to sell me
I bought mine in Feb 2020, thought it was trophy blue too, about a month later found out it was a much rarer colour than JFV by searching the paint code JGY! so that's a nice bonus

·
Registered
16 Posts
Paint code of my Ignition blue TF 135 is JGY, it's also called Mica Blue. According to MG Rover Build info 467 TFs were built in this colour mine being the 271st. Approximately 1% of all TFs made were Ignition blue.
It's a great colour and mine has had lots of positive comments.

·
Registered
'06 MG ZR +120 (HQM) '04 MG ZR 105 (IAB)
9,335 Posts
.... it's also called Mica Blue.
Mica Blue was the paint manufacturers name for it - in much the same way that 'Xirallic Red' was the paint manufacturers name for Firefrost, and 'Obsidian' the paint manufacturers name for XPower Grey (which MG Rover called Tempest Grey in the Rover paint pallette).

As with Goodwood Green (also known as Aquamarine on the Anniversary TF) which replaced Le Mans Green, Ignition Blue was I think, a cheaper mix than Trophy Blue, and certainly has a much more subdued 'sparkle'.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Paint code of my Ignition blue TF 135 is JGY, it's also called Mica Blue. According to MG Rover Build info 467 TFs were built in this colour mine being the 271st. Approximately 1% of all TFs made were Ignition blue.
It's a great colour and mine has had lots of positive comments.
How did ou find what number yours is out of 467, I'd like to do the same with my TF in JGY

·
Registered
'06 MG ZR +120 (HQM) '04 MG ZR 105 (IAB)
9,335 Posts
The information would probably have come from mg-rover.info, but that site disappeared from view some days ago - I am led to believe that Steve Childs is in the process of switching to a different host, but nothing has been said officially, so we will have to wait and see whether it re-appears or not.

Also, I would treat the figures in the TF section on it with a degree of caution; either the build records were not filled in very accurately in the first place, or whoever sorted the MG Rover database out when the computers at Longbridge which held them came to light (several years after SAIC took Longbridge over) didn't get things quite right. The build records were I believe somewhat corrupted, and whilst there are not many errors or anomalies within the records for the ZR, ZS, ZT and Rover 75, the records for the TF are very haphazard, and many of the numbers for the different versions and colours are/were incorrect. This was especially true amongst the Monogram coloured TFs - not helped because a great many Monogram coloured TFs simply had the paint code for Starlight Silver (MBB) stamped on their VIN plate, and probably recorded as such on the build records.

If you want accurate information for a TF, it is probably best to try contacting Adrian Clifford - he has posted in here occasionally, but can mostly be found on faceache.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts