MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks. I posted a problem I had with my idle on my lotus elise a couple of weeks ago. The problem was that the engine was ticking over high and when you lifted off the throttle after heavy acceleration the revs would rise before they would fall. So far i have changed the iacv, the throttle pot, the brown temp sensor, the plugs, leads, cap and rotor arm, checked for air leaks yet the problem still remains. I'm begining to think the ECU is at fault. Any more ideas again???

·
Registered
33,210 Posts
Haven't seen your original thread, so appologies if I am repeating something. Could it be as simple as a slow to respond/sticky throttle or cable?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh sorry. I dont think its a sticky throttle - I have the 52mm alloy one and the problem stays even whe the cable is disconnected etc.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I thought it would be that too but replacing that made no difference either. I'm getting a little nervous now as I'm off on holiday in france to it in a week - typical hey!

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
Have you tried cleaning the contacts on the sensor connectors?
I had an idle problem, and it turned out to simpy be a dirty/poor contact on the TPS sensor connector.

·
Registered
7,233 Posts
Know what you're thinking but even at 750RPM, the engine still displaces 11 litres/sec. Think you'd notice this sort of leak.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just to let you know I gave up and put the car into my local garage. Tuns out it was the manifold gasket that had gone. I would never have supected it in a million years as I only replaced it like 900 miles ago when I fitted the new alloy plenum. Anyway thanks to everyone for all of the advice etc. Much appreciated. Phew.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts