1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Looks like a VVC engine under the bonnet, which will make it a 160. The 120 "K" series has a black plastic inlet manifold. Looks as though the engine could have been changed at some point.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
it looks like mine i reckon it is, put your foot down you will be able to tell although standard they do have a twin tail pipe?

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Is that from something you have seen under the bonnet or from what the insurance co. is saying matey?
The engine in the picture is a VVC 160 engine. You can tell by the aluminium manifold. 120 Ks had a black plastic manifold.

Have you tried phoning another insurance company and seeing what they say it is?

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
but id hpi it if i was you it should bring it up if owts been changed [i think}
i must admit though its rather cheap in my opinion if you get it for that price.
also an hpi will bring up if its been in a insurance write off etc

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think it was just confused.com being gay.

Put the same reg into elephant and it comes up as a 160 5dr. Gonna go drive it and have a good sniff round. If there is even the slightest hint that it's not right I will walk away.

·
Mmmm....Rover..
10,426 Posts
....and it has that vacuum canister behind the power steering reservoir, this was used to open the actuator on the exhaust backbox.

I don't believe it was fitted to any other ZR, there should be pipework around the area of the backbox, doubtful they would've gone to the trouble of fitting this if indeed it was an "engine swap" ...even less likely if the original backbox wasn't going to be used.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts